Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered the HD LED Headlight...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 11:31 PM
meatpunch
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered the HD LED Headlight...

Just bought the HD LED Headlight for $319 on Surdyke.com, pretty decent price, I figured what the hell I will try it out.. it will probably be here in a couple weeks or so.

Now my question is- are any of you guys running it that have gone either from an HID to this LED, or went back from the LED to an HID (or even halogen) for any reason?

I have read some people saying this thing isn't very visible during the daylight when looking at it off-angle (like around corners) while others say it is the brightest/best light you can buy. I mainly ride daytime and very rarely at night, so me being visible to the cagers during the day is very important.

Anyone have personal experience with this light? I am also talking to a guy right now who may be able to come up with a plug-n-play adapter to make the High/Low beams run full time because stock it is either one or the other so that could make a huge difference on its own.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:36 PM
valter
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My experience

still love it!

Old 09-03-2011, 11:44 PM
meatpunch
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by valter
My experience

still love it!
Nice man, thanks!

Any comments on daytime visibility compared to the halogen you installed?

What about tips aiming it, I plan on running the high beam all the time (if I cant modify it where low/high runs all the time)

Old 09-04-2011, 01:09 AM
valter
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its damn bright. as for aligning it, i didn't realize that there is a metal ring around, with a notch. make sure you push the light all the way in, and that there are an equal amount of millimeters of led light enclosure on each side. that worked for me. if you can get both on at the same time, cool, but the High is really bright. the only thing that be a disadvantage with the high beam is that it is super directional. it only adds light on top of the low beam. the D shaped lenses do most of the work, while the low adds light out front, and the high shines a little above, and further out, no spray of any kind.