Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a blacked-out windshield??

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 07:12 AM
flynavy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have a blacked-out windshield??

I have a detachable windshield for my SB that I have used only a few times on long trips. It's getting colder up here in New England in the mornings and a more comfortable ride to work would be great and allow me to ride deeper into the fall.

I have always been a form over function guy, and was wondering if I can get both off this windshield by blacking it out. Keeping it below the eye level and such, but black.

Does anyone have this and can you please post pictures if you do?

Thanx

Old 09-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You say form over function, but if you take something clear and paint it black, it's going to stick out like a sore thumb wouldn't it?

I have a detachable clear shield and lowers on my bike. My girl and I were at the park walking around and I glanced over where my bike was and couldn't see the windshield. I got scared that somebody walked off with it and had to go closer to look!

I say leave it clear if you want it to be less noticeable. If you have the bigger touring shield and a black bike, maybe painting it below the chrome piece would look good?

Post a pic and we can get a better idea.
Here's mine:

Old 09-02-2011, 08:46 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the clear windshields look cheap.I was looking for a dark windshield that was low enough to look over the top of and really dark and found it was more hassle than it was worth.I've pretty much given up on the whole windshield idea but still think it would look cool if it were blacked out.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:54 AM
FYMP7
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree I think a blacked widshield would look good

Old 09-02-2011, 09:09 AM
shafferk
Tourer

What shield is that?

Originally Posted by Mascman
You say form over function, but if you take something clear and paint it black, it's going to stick out like a sore thumb wouldn't it?

I have a detachable clear shield and lowers on my bike. My girl and I were at the park walking around and I glanced over where my bike was and couldn't see the windshield. I got scared that somebody walked off with it and had to go closer to look!

I say leave it clear if you want it to be less noticeable. If you have the bigger touring shield and a black bike, maybe painting it below the chrome piece would look good?

Post a pic and we can get a better idea.
Here's mine:

Old 09-02-2011, 09:37 AM
South Jersey Scooter Trash
Road Captain

I posted this question also I'm going to try a window tint on the inside of the screen and see what happens.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:54 AM
AFMM3
Road Warrior
Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

I was thinking of a Fig Newton advertisement on my windshield. Just kidding, Memphis Shades has a smoked replacement (lower half) for about $90. I have the Ruby Red one and it is superior in quality to OEM.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I tried it on my black denim Fatbob a few years ago on a scratched wind screen. Didn't like how it turned out.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:04 PM
bucket13
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratbob
I tried it on my black denim Fatbob a few years ago on a scratched wind screen. Didn't like how it turned out.

I think it looks pretty cool! It looks like a SWAT or police shield used during riots.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:05 PM
cjlandry
Road Master

It's on the market already.

Memphis Shades Speed Demon:

Quick Reply: Anyone have a blacked-out windshield??