Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a blacked-out windshield??

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 09:58 PM
shafferk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAWHIDE07
I agree,you are definately not the smartest guy here. Carry on.
Haha, touché.

Hey FlyNavy, I wasn't trying to offend you or be combative man. I'm in the middle of quitting smoking so I'm a little cranky. It's no excuse but it is what it is. Sorry for being a dick.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:06 PM
flynavy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love a spirited convo as much as anyone!! No worries Army... Quit smoking myself almost 15 years ago now...seems like yesterday. Toughest thing I ever had to do, but I am so glad I did it. You will be too.

Keep ur shiny side up and stay away from those Street Glides!! LOL

Best of luck in your quest to quit the stix...

TN

Old 09-03-2011, 10:26 PM
RDFXDF
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigpercentcountry
Didn't someone post a Cee Baileys a couple weeks ago that the whole shield was really dark tint?

Yeah that was me, my windshield gets more positive feedback than the rest of the bike. I love it.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:31 PM
jwlehman
Road Master

Seems kinda dangerous to me...I understand what the OP is going for, but not being able to see immediately in front of you could be a recipe for disaster. Perhaps just a fairing would give the look and not block the rider's vision at too high of a level.

Even though a properly fitting shield is set at eye level, that doesn't mean there's not a requirement to be able to see down thru it when you need to

Old 09-04-2011, 09:41 AM
cjlandry
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ratbob
I tried it on my black denim Fatbob a few years ago on a scratched wind screen. Didn't like how it turned out.

Originally Posted by bucket13
I think it looks pretty cool! It looks like a SWAT or police shield used during riots.
I was just going back through this thread and thought that this looks like it should have a little gun-port cut out or something.

Hell, I actually like the JRK and Cee Bailey's tinted shields. Those look good! Maybe some limo tint would do the job, and would help cut the glare from oncoming lights at night, as well as the sunlight reflecting off of shiny parts and into your face. At least you could still see through the shield.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:43 AM
shafferk
Tourer

Originally Posted by cjlandry

Hell, I actually like the JRK and Cee Bailey's tinted shields. Those look good! Maybe some limo tint would do the job, and would help cut the glare from oncoming lights at night, as well as the sunlight reflecting off of shiny parts and into your face. At least you could still see through the shield.
This is a great idea. I think that's what I'm gonna do when I get a shield. I would think that this should be done when the shield is brand new.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:16 AM
ceebaileys
Former Sponsor
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by flynavy
I have a detachable windshield for my SB that I have used only a few times on long trips. It's getting colder up here in New England in the mornings and a more comfortable ride to work would be great and allow me to ride deeper into the fall.

I have always been a form over function guy, and was wondering if I can get both off this windshield by blacking it out. Keeping it below the eye level and such, but black.

Does anyone have this and can you please post pictures if you do?

Thanx
Hello there,

If you click here, our website shows a couple of pictures of the Quick Release and we do have the option for Dark Gray or Opaque Black tint. Since you have the Detachable one, not sure if you were looking for something similar in design. We have other options as well here

Hope this helps a little! =) PM if you have any question

-Cee Bailey's

Old 09-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Suspended
Account Suspended

Originally Posted by bucket13
I think it looks pretty cool! It looks like a SWAT or police shield used during riots.
I agree!

Old 09-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Suspended
Account Suspended

Originally Posted by flynavy
Funny....I guess that's why a Street Glide runs into sh*t every 3.5 seconds worldwide. That damn black fairing.....Sorry, I should have known better.
Thankfully, I'm not in the crash gene pool w/ my SG, cam chain tensioners...well...that's another thread!

Perhaps a smoked winshield would be the best of both worlds (form / function / style / look).

The blacked out one did look SWAT like.

Good luck!!

Old 09-22-2011, 05:27 PM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Here are a couple pictures of my blacked out shield. I used a satin finish black on the inside after a good cleaning.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone have a blacked-out windshield??-photo.jpg   Anyone have a blacked-out windshield??-photo2.jpg   Anyone have a blacked-out windshield??-photo3.jpg