Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a blacked-out windshield??

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 04:29 AM
shafferk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mascman
FORM over FUNCTION means the opposite of what you are thinking. He wants the looks MORE than the function.
Yep...

Old 09-03-2011, 05:21 AM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I've seen them on bikes before and thought it looked pretty good. If it's a shortened sport shield it will look more like a fairing than a shield. I did it to my sport bike and was real happy with it. One immediate advantage you will notice is no more glare reflecting back at night. If your going to do it paint the inside with flat black. The front of the shield will still look shinny and the inside will cut any glare from the lights.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:41 AM
flynavy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Opposite

Norrl: you have it backwards...I usually favor form over function, but NOT to favor danger.
Ie. Looks better than comfort or practiciality.

shafferk: There is no thread on this forum that is "silly" and if you wanna take a holyier than thou or Im smarter than most attitude, you wont get much out of this site.

We don't suppress ideas here.

The reason I asked FIRST, was to get an idea of:

1) If it is in deed do-able and safe

2) what it would look like

To all who answered with helpful data and pics - a million thanks...not sure what I am going to do as yet, but brothers need to be open-minded.

Ride easy

Old 09-03-2011, 01:21 PM
shafferk
Tourer

No offense pal but there are a lot of silly threads on this site but I also get an awful lot of great info from here.

No holier than thou attitude here guy and I'm definitely not the smartest, just making a simple observation. My opinion, not yours and I'm entitled to it.

Here's the deal, you might as well paint a sheet of plywood black, bolt it to the front of your bike and call it a day because that's about the amount of visibility you're gonna get with a completely blacked out windshield. Sounds silly right? That's because it is.

You say you usually favor form over function, but NOT to favor danger but dangerous is exactly what you're doing. To each his own. Go forth and run into sh*t.

The bottom line is this bud, if you're gonna post questions to this intrinsically bitchin forum, then expect answers from all points of view. If you don't like those answers then don't ask questions or post, just read. Google is your friend.

I wish you luck with you windshield quest. Do what makes you happy, it's your bike.

Carry on. That is all.

Originally Posted by flynavy
Norrl: you have it backwards...I usually favor form over function, but NOT to favor danger.
Ie. Looks better than comfort or practiciality.

shafferk: There is no thread on this forum that is "silly" and if you wanna take a holyier than thou or Im smarter than most attitude, you wont get much out of this site.

We don't suppress ideas here.

The reason I asked FIRST, was to get an idea of:

1) If it is in deed do-able and safe

2) what it would look like

To all who answered with helpful data and pics - a million thanks...not sure what I am going to do as yet, but brothers need to be open-minded.

Ride easy

Old 09-03-2011, 03:31 PM
flynavy
Road Master

[QUOTE=shafferk;8775184]

Here's the deal, you might as well paint a sheet of plywood black, bolt it to the front of your bike and call it a day because that's about the amount of visibility you're gonna get with a completely blacked out windshield. Sounds silly right? That's because it is.

Umm No it does not, which is why I posted it in the first place....pal.

You say you usually favor form over function, but NOT to favor danger but dangerous is exactly what you're doing. To each his own. Go forth and run into sh*t.

40 years of 2-wheel riding - zero accidents....nuff said.

The bottom line is this bud, if you're gonna post questions to this intrinsically bitchin forum, then expect answers from all points of view. If you don't like those answers then don't ask questions or post, just read. Google is your friend.

NO, I think you shouldn't respond if you dont like the thread...sounds easier, right?

UOTE]

Old 09-03-2011, 03:43 PM
cjlandry
Road Master

Well, at least I can always find some entertainment along with the information here.

Old 09-03-2011, 04:13 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i have tinted a shield before... was a bitch! none of the local tint shops would touch it, figured we do everything else we need in house why not give it a run... took 2 of us about an hour to do... but my bro and i where able to use a hair dryer and some car window tint with a tint kit (spray bottle, squeegy, and razor) from auto zone... and had at it... we tinted his Gwing shield... came out awesome! but took time to get right
here are some pics i snapped while we where on our last trip
best tip i can offer... is very light mist you need it to stick a bit when applying it, also after it is on there any micro air bubbles will go away if you stick the shield in the sun to basicly bake for a day or 2.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:46 PM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I knew a guy that had one. Once. Then he ran into the side of a building and died a horrible fiery death because he couldn't see where he was going.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:06 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,823 Likes on 13,473 Posts

Originally Posted by shafferk
No offense pal but there are a lot of silly threads on this site but I also get an awful lot of great info from here.

No holier than thou attitude here guy and I'm definitely not the smartest, just making a simple observation. My opinion, not yours and I'm entitled to it.

I wish you luck with you windshield quest. Do what makes you happy, it's your bike.

Carry on. That is all.
I agree,you are definately not the smartest guy here. Carry on.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:22 PM
flynavy
Road Master

Funny....I guess that's why a Street Glide runs into sh*t every 3.5 seconds worldwide. That damn black fairing.....Sorry, I should have known better.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a blacked-out windshield??