Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power commander ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 09:19 AM
Jessie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question power commander ?

power commander ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi my bike has been hard to start and I changed the battery and now figured out its the power commander can I run it stock with the 02 sensors eliminaters still on and not hurt any thing I have v/h slipons and and free flow breather but I cut the wires off the o2 sensors years ago when I put on the commander its a 07 FXDC !

Old 08-31-2011, 10:09 AM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

This is a known issue with the Power Commander III (assuming you're not talking about the Power Commander V). To help "hard start" situation, rather than wait for the little engine light to go out on the speedo, hit the start button immediately. This should allow your bike to start more normally.

You can search the forum for more info on this if you like.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:10 AM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyde Glyde Bry
This is a known issue with the Power Commander III (assuming you're not talking about the Power Commander V). To help "hard start" situation, rather than wait for the little engine light to go out on the speedo, hit the start button immediately. This should allow your bike to start more normally.

You can search the forum for more info on this if you like.
+1

Wyde Glyed,

Just an fyi,

I have the same issue with my retrofitted PCV from fuel moto. Solved with the same starting process as you describe.

Cheers,

Tom

Old 09-01-2011, 05:53 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

No - bad idea.

Without the O2 sensors and the PC to richen things up you could end up with the engine running very lean. This can lead to holes in the pistons, burnt valves, etc.

Get it fixed. Either replaced the O2 sensors - not a huge job as you would only need to splice new ones back in. Or else get a new-model PC. Or get another fueling solution.