Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bars or seating position issue?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 07:44 AM
shafferk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue. The stock setup on my WG is so uncomfortable for me that I sometimes don't want to ride it. Based on stellar advice from the forum members here, I'm gonna get a new C&C seat first and hope that it helps. 12" MX Tbars from West Coast Tbars will follow soon after that. Call West Coast up and talk to Scotty. Let him know your problem and concerns and he'll help you choose the best set of bars for you. That's what I did and I'm glad I did it. DEFINITELY listen to the guys here on this forum, there's a metric sh*t ton of knowledge here. Ride safe.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:03 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

I had the same issue when I first got my SB. It felt like the wind was going to blow me off the back of the bike and I was just hanging on. I rode sportbikes for 10 year before I got a Harley. First off, you will get used to it. The sensation went away after I had ridden it for a month or so. I eventually changed the seat and felt like I was more "in" the bike than on top of it. I still run mid controls since I was so used to having my feet under me from sport bikes.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:15 PM
STREETWALKER
Cruiser

I have ben checking out those west coast t bars as well. I think i will end up with a set one day. For now i put forwards and tilted the bars forward since i am a little taller. It helps but i think i need to find a different seat and bars when i can afford it.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:31 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Bar Angle

Just loosen riser clamp up and pull the bars back to you. I personally think the bars look better when they are in line (same angle) as the triple tree legs but if you can't ride like that it doesn't make any sense.
I always look forward to spring so I can get out on the bike and feel the wind against my chest. As the riding season progresses, I can feel my arms getting stronger from the pressure. I also changed my bars to a pair of FXDC bars and as a result, I catch less wind while riding. Seems to make the bike more stable.

Last edited by dyna rider; 08-31-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:35 PM
Norrl
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have a back issue. Look into a Mustang seat with detachable backrest as well as handlebar tweaks. That combo really dialed in my fxdc.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:50 PM
perryross
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

dyna rider
“Just loosen riser clamp up and pull the bars back to you.
I personally think the bars look better when they are in line
(same angle) as the triple tree legs but if you can ride like that it
doesn't make any sense.”
dyna rider, hit the nail on the head.

There’s lots of room to play with that way.

With my bad back I ended up with adding taller risers on my SB, that worked for me.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:03 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the mini apes rolled back till they're in line with the forks.It's not the best looking but it is the most comfortable.That said, Nightster bars are comfortable and a dime a dozen around here as are FXDC take offs.As an added bonus both will bolt up without changing cables.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:45 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I rode sport bikes as well and the buckhorns on my FXDC were h*ll, and combined with the stock seat which kept pushing me forward causing "adjustments" I didn't like riding it more than an hour. Put on the HD "touring seat" which put me up higher and slightly further back along with a set of FXDL bars and it was like a whole new bike. Those changes had me leaning forward and at speed or around town, everything felt much more natural - these will work with the SB's riser.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:52 PM
Outlaw85wilk
Advanced

Like others have said your going to catch more wind than a sport bike. You can lay down on a sport bike and cut the wind. Without a windshield on your bob you are out in it hanging on!
If your looking for risers without changing your top tree check out lonerindustries.com. I'm pretty sure that's the address but he makes risers just for the bob and I think he was working on building a top tree also. The guy who builds them is or was a member on this forum.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:43 PM
MotoSoul11
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Unfortunately the problem is getting resolved Saturday. Just got it back from service and it's 2nd front end adjustment to try to kill the wobble at highway speed and it feels worse then ever. The dealer told me if the problem didn't go away I would get a 2012 for my troubles but they also want me to front $1K cash in the deal. I called the MoCo and they told me the problem could not be replicated at 65 therefore it does not exist and that is the end of the discussion. Saturday I trade it in on a Yamaha. Damn shame. I like this bike.

Quick Reply: Bars or seating position issue?