Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHAT SIZE SISSI BAR / BACK REST for a 07 LOWRIDER TO KEEP MY WIFE HAPPY ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 05:10 PM
forrest
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT SIZE SISSI BAR / BACK REST for a 07 LOWRIDER TO KEEP MY WIFE HAPPY ?

Hi all, as I have been given some very good advice on the other Questions I have asked, how can you all help me with this one.

I have on order a 07 LowRider, I am sure I will need to get a Sissibar and backrest for my wife when we ride 2 up but I am not sure what size to get as I want her to be comfortable, and what else / where to go online, is available other than Harley's own parts.

I am guessing that it will be a different part than the 06 model but please correct me if I am wrong.

I have read that from the 06 model the fixing plate for the sissi bar leans back a bit further than on the previous models making a taller one more comfortable, my wife is about 5ft 2ins tall

I am not intending to change the factory fitted seat, unless I am about to be told that she will hate it !

I don't want to make an expensive mistake by buying the wrong rest, with the over inflated parts prices that we have to suffer in the UK (hense the name the Country has earnt, RIP OFF BRITAIN) in fact everything in the UK is over priced, or the fact that shipping the parts could cost a bit

So any advice you guys or girls can offer would be much appreciated

Many thanks
Forrest

Old 11-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Timmer
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WHAT SIZE SISSI BAR / BACK REST for a 07 LOWRIDER

ORIGINAL: forrest

Hi all, as I have been given some very good advice on the other Questions I have asked, how can you all help me with this one.

I have on order a 07 LowRider, I am sure I will need to get a Sissibar and backrest for my wife when we ride 2 up but I am not sure what size to get as I want her to be comfortable, and what else / where to go online, is available other than Harley's own parts.

I am guessing that it will be a different part than the 06 model but please correct me if I am wrong.

I have read that from the 06 model the fixing plate for the sissi bar leans back a bit further than on the previous models making a taller one more comfortable, my wife is about 5ft 2ins tall

I am not intending to change the factory fitted seat, unless I am about to be told that she will hate it !

I don't want to make an expensive mistake by buying the wrong rest, with the over inflated parts prices that we have to suffer in the UK (hense the name the Country has earnt, RIP OFF BRITAIN) in fact everything in the UK is over priced, or the fact that shipping the parts could cost a bit

So any advice you guys or girls can offer would be much appreciated

Many thanks
Forrest
The low or medium low sissy bar will work great for her. Low sissy bar link
Medium Low bar

As far as the seat, if she rides any great distances with you, she WILL want another seat. Tim

Old 11-17-2006, 10:52 PM
steelcowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally hate sissybars they prevent the proper brest to back weld required for proper riding posture lol. But if I do end up getting one it will for sure be a mini just enough to keep them from sliding off the *** end.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Get a removeable one so you can still look cool when you ride solo. I've found that the only way to make the wife happy is to bolt on a Lazy Boy chair or buy an Ultra.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:57 PM
mikec
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the medium low sissy bar. My wife likes it, but I'm going to
get a higher one for my back pack. As far as the seat, plan on buying
a sundowner if the wife is riding with you. LOL

Old 11-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Rhode Warrior
Tourer

See signature picture. My wife loves this pad.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Rhode Warrior
Tourer

Here's what you want right here Bro:

Old 11-18-2006, 12:54 AM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I think I'll be getting a Sundowner seat soon. But no complaints from the wife on the backrest. Mine is detachable and I recently added the rack (detaches with the sissy bar).

Old 11-18-2006, 04:18 AM
carltex
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a black mid low sissy bar and a sundowner seat and she was happy. IMO a low bar sticks up too high. A mid low is enough to net a back pack to.

Old 11-18-2006, 06:28 AM
mikeurig
Road Master

Rhode Warrior, who makes your Bob seat?

Quick Reply: WHAT SIZE SISSI BAR / BACK REST for a 07 LOWRIDER TO KEEP MY WIFE HAPPY ?