Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lake Superior circle tour

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 09:05 AM
ct555
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Superior circle tour

I just got back from a trip around superior on the FatBob. I have to say it was one of the best trips I’ve done. I would highly recommend it for any Midwesterners. I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:19 AM
jjwaller
Intermediate

How many days did it take? Have thought about doing it myself but time is such a huge issue for me now adays and I sure as he'll don't want to rush myself and not enjoy it.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:21 AM
crazy ray
Advanced

Yes it is relaxing, lots of scenery, very little traffic, Glad you liked it, we did too.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:24 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I'll bet that was a Great ride. Get those pics up soon...Years ago I backpacked the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore section from Munising to Grand Marais. Beautiful country.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 49,735 Likes on 19,290 Posts

Originally Posted by EricInNCa
I'll bet that was a Great ride. Get those pics up soon...Years ago I backpacked the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore section from Munising to Grand Marais. Beautiful country.
If you get up in the Pictured Rocks area be sure to ride H-58 east. Start at the "Bear Trap Inn" grab a burger then head east on H-58. You won't be disappointed. It's brand new pavement and it is a great ride. It reminds me of some of the roads down in the Smokies. Just got back last night from a 3 day weekend in the Up .... had absolutely fantastic weather! .... and if you're looking for a biker friendly place to stay in the UP be sure to check out the Clark Mootel ( and talk to Cow Patty ) which is located in Strongs near M-123 and M-28 .... I guarantee that they ( Patty and Andy ) will make you feel welcome and relaxed.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:02 AM
cruzin
Cruiser

Made that trip last summer and it was a great ride. Camped the first night in Iron River MI. Second day, rode through the Porcupine Mtns, visited the Lake of the Clouds and had to get a motel in northern MN because all the campgrounds there were full. Camped the third night at Sleeping Giant Provincial Park. (Highly recommended. Very nice campground) Stayed the fourth night at the Northern Lights Motel (Biker friendly place) in Wawa because it was pouring rain. Rode home on the fifth day. 1700 miles round trip.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:54 AM
ct555
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jjwaller
How many days did it take? Have thought about doing it myself but time is such a huge issue for me now adays and I sure as he'll don't want to rush myself and not enjoy it.
We did it really taking our time in five days. We did about 300 miles a day and we screwed around a ton. The roads are fantastic, great surfaces and tons of twisty. Here are some pictures from my phone, I’ve got more pictures coming later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

First one is of the old man and I, second is Grand Marais MN, and then Copper Harbor MI.

Attached Thumbnails Lake Superior circle tour-image.jpg   Lake Superior circle tour-1.jpg   Lake Superior circle tour-image.jpeg2.jpg  
Old 08-30-2011, 06:54 AM
jjwaller
Intermediate

Thanks for the reply. Can't view the pics but the info is much appreciated. Think I will start planning soon!

Originally Posted by ct555
We did it really taking our time in five days. We did about 300 miles a day and we screwed around a ton. The roads are fantastic, great surfaces and tons of twisty. Here are some pictures from my phone, I’ve got more pictures coming later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

First one is of the old man and I, second is Grand Marais MN, and then Copper Harbor MI.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:06 AM
niffum
Advanced

That was to be our long trip this year, but we did a run to Pheonix and back instead. It is on the agenda for next year.