Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Progressive Shocks & New Tree/Risers in '11 Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 09:30 AM
meatpunch
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JunkHead
I have Loners 4inch risers and he does great work but I looked up the top tree and he charges 175 plus shipping, debrix has the top tree for 107.
David does awesome work.

The triple tree he sells is polished to match the lower Street Bob tree. I had the Debrix triple tree on order, but they ended up taking a week to respond to my emails and within that time I found out that the Debrix sold tree is Chrome and not polished and doesn't have recessed bolts like the Street Bob tree (like Loner sells).

After everything I think I paid $50 more to get the Loner Industries triple tree and it matches up perfectly .. even my HD dealer service manager saw it this weekend and was very impressed with the piece. Not to mention David of Loner ships parts out extremely quick, one of the best companies/people I have ever dealt with online. No affiliation here, just an extremely satisfied customer.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:51 AM
JunkHead
Cruiser

I'd pay the extra too if the quality and looks are much better.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:38 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

I noticed you have the Joker Machine front turn signals. How do you like them? Were they easy to wire in? They are on my list for this winter.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:45 PM
meatpunch
Cruiser

Originally Posted by nkauf21
I noticed you have the Joker Machine front turn signals. How do you like them? Were they easy to wire in? They are on my list for this winter.
I love them. Everyone who sees the signals comments on how sweet they look- most dont even realize they are signals at first and ask where they are, then I show them and they are like like I need to get them !

I didn't wire them in, my HD tech did (If any of you are in Orange County, CA look up www.mobilehdtech.com Troy the owner is amazing and comes to ur house to do the work, cheaper than a dealer and better.. Tell him Kris w/ the Street Bob from Coto sent you) and they only use two wires. Keep in mind you will lose the running light function, but the blinkers work great. I like the fact they dont work as running lights, keeps the front end clean without orange lights running all the time.

I also used a Badlands load equalizer because I have LED's on the rear and it fixed the fast blinking issue when switching to these signals.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:46 PM
drnk_n_publick
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JunkHead
I have Loners 4inch risers and he does great work but I looked up the top tree and he charges 175 plus shipping, debrix has the top tree for 107.
I would gladly drop a few extra dollars on a quality American made part. Especially one made by a fellow forum member.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:50 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by meatpunch
I love them. Everyone who sees the signals comments on how sweet they look- most dont even realize they are signals at first and ask where they are, then I show them and they are like like I need to get them !

I didn't wire them in, my HD tech did (If any of you are in Orange County, CA look up www.mobilehdtech.com Troy the owner is amazing and comes to ur house to do the work, cheaper than a dealer and better.. Tell him Kris w/ the Street Bob from Coto sent you) and they only use two wires. Keep in mind you will lose the running light function, but the blinkers work great. I like the fact they dont work as running lights, keeps the front end clean without orange lights running all the time.

I also used a Badlands load equalizer because I have LED's on the rear and it fixed the fast blinking issue when switching to these signals.
Sweet, I don't mind losing the orange running lights either. I'm going to go with the Badlands load equalizer also and a set of their LED inserts for the rear signals. Where did you hide the load equalizer? I already have a PCIII under my seat so I might be out of room there.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:54 PM
meatpunch
Cruiser

Originally Posted by nkauf21
Sweet, I don't mind losing the orange running lights either. I'm going to go with the Badlands load equalizer also and a set of their LED inserts for the rear signals. Where did you hide the load equalizer? I already have a PCIII under my seat so I might be out of room there.
I hid it under the seat - one thing I learned, you HAVE to plug it into the MAIN wire harness, NOT the harness that goes from the Run/Turn/Stop module to the rear wiring harness. The connectors look the same and are right next to each other.

If you already have a PCIII under the seat you might have to look into the Biketronics BT801 (i think) module that has a much smaller profile.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:15 PM
jeffrob07
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Iam thinking of getting the joker turn sigs also. I guess I need a equalizer, I have pcv under the seat.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:48 PM
huskytamer
Advanced
Default Arlen Ness bushing kit

Funny, I'm doing a lot of the same mods as you, the Joker Machine led's and the loner industry top triple tree. I'm looking for the Arlen Ness bushing kit you installed with your risers. Do you mind telling me where you got it from?

Old 07-21-2012, 12:53 AM
hdstreetbob88
Advanced
Default wanting to get some progressives

i want to get some progressives but wanna drop like an inch or so without bottoming out not for the look but because im small 5'7 on my 11 street bob i dont flat foot at all on my bike any suggestions to which ones to get also want a nice ride and ride 2 up sometimes any feed back would be nice though didnt really like the 430s btw