Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 08:39 PM
carseller0822
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by missedem
So far my favorite setup is the dynas in denim red. unfortunately they quit offering those for the newer years.
I wasn't sure that I liked the denim red at first. Now that I've had it awhile I really like it. I especially like that not every other bike I see is that color.

As for the way it holds up, no issues. Soap and water to wash and windex to touch up.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 350 Likes on 162 Posts

I have the brillent silver demin. It is easy to keep clean with windex, however I have one small stain on it that isn't comming off. I kind of tried of the demin look, the novelty of the demin finish is over for me. I'll be repainting over the winter.
The flat silver is nice when the sun hits it but most of the time it looks drap and boring. I like the silver colour more in the gloss finish much better looking.
Look at some of the older bikes with the demin finish before you decide, the finish looks faded out and tried. Maybe the owners didn't keep up with cleaning. Good luck on whatever you choose.
The new 2012 tequlia orange metallic Harley has looks really nice if your still thinking about going orange, its worth checking out.

Last edited by Chicago Ken; 08-26-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:35 PM
08streetbobbin
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Chicago Ken
I have the brillent silver demin. It is easy to keep clean with windex, however I have one small stain on it that isn't comming off. I kind of tried of the demin look, the novelty of the demin finish is over for me. I'll be repainting over the winter.
The flat silver is nice when the sun hits it but most of the time it looks drap and boring. I like the silver colour more in the gloss finish much better looking.
Look at some of the older bikes with the demin finish before you decide, the finish looks faded out and tried. Maybe the owners didn't keep up with cleaning. Good luck on whatever you choose.
The new 2012 tequlia orange metallic Harley has looks really nice if your still thinking about going orange, its worth checking out.
Thanks that's really good advise I think i am tending to the Orange been looking at a sunset orange ( type of darker orange) ...that goes good with all the black i have going on

Old 08-27-2011, 12:38 PM
08streetbobbin
Cruiser

Originally Posted by carseller0822
I wasn't sure that I liked the denim red at first. Now that I've had it awhile I really like it. I especially like that not every other bike I see is that color.

As for the way it holds up, no issues. Soap and water to wash and windex to touch up.
That's is a really is a sweet color ..don't really see that color very often

Old 08-27-2011, 04:57 PM
switzead
Cruiser

The denim color is meant to fade and wear. HD service manual even talks about the denim fading to give your bike a totally unique look. All about what "YOU" want. I have the denim silver and I love the fact that you can wash and not have to worry about water spots. I have been on a mission to remove everything shiny on my bike.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:34 PM
voudoujoe
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

My bike was black denim. Looked great and liked that it didn't need to be waxed.

Then, I took it a step further ... all powdercoat, no paint and 100% Kuryakyn free.

Looks great, easy to take care of and tougher than paint.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:37 PM
08streetbobbin
Cruiser

Originally Posted by voudoujoe
My bike was black denim. Looked great and liked that it didn't need to be waxed.

Then, I took it a step further ... all powdercoat, no paint and 100% Kuryakyn free.

Looks great, easy to take care of and tougher than paint.
Now that's a thought ..wounder if Joe could help with that? might have to pm him

Thanks