Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cracked Street Bob fender replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 07:55 AM
Outlaw85wilk
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish mine would crack so I could get a new fender! That stupid passenger seat has mine all scuffed up even after taking every step to keep it from happening. 14000 miles and no cracks on mine though.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Streetbobbylooney
Novice

I am having the same issue with my 2010 streetbob as well. The first time it was replaced, they did it no problem. The second time however, i was told they would only fix it one more time because harley says it's because i have vance n heins short shots. Called customer service and they said those pipes impact my warranty. My question is, do you guys all have aftermarket pipes? If one of you can say you don't, then we all have a lemon!

Old 11-23-2011, 06:54 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetbobbylooney
I am having the same issue with my 2010 streetbob as well. The first time it was replaced, they did it no problem. The second time however, i was told they would only fix it one more time because harley says it's because i have vance n heins short shots. Called customer service and they said those pipes impact my warranty. My question is, do you guys all have aftermarket pipes? If one of you can say you don't, then we all have a lemon!
My wifes had short shots on it but how is that causing fender damage???? THe pipes end long before the back fender. THey saying its the sound or vibration from them?

Old 11-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Streetbobbylooney
Novice

Yes. That is exactly what they said. They also said no one else with a stock bike has that issue and they have no way of testing the bike with those pipes. It really pisses me off because i wanted to put screamin eagles on it originally and i was advised otherwise by the dealer. When i told the manager i wanted to return them and go back to stock, he advised against it, saying that he never heard of a fender cracking that way. He told me thay would replace it even after warranty and since i didnt have that in writing, i called hd customer service and they told me they wont even replace it again during my warranty cause of my pipes! I need to find someone with a stock bike that has this issue SO I can claim it as a lemon.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Inspector 12
Road Master

If anyone is looking for the 06 to 08 street bob fender, I have a vivid black one with the stock tail light off my 06. I recently completed a bobbed fender project and would sell the 06 stuff.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:40 AM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector 12
If anyone is looking for the 06 to 08 street bob fender, I have a vivid black one with the stock tail light off my 06. I recently completed a bobbed fender project and would sell the 06 stuff.
How much would you be asking for said stuff?? PM me if you'd like.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:00 PM
djack
Road Master

I never had my fender on long enough to have a problem i guess

Old 11-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

My SB front fender developed a vibration crack. My rear fender is OK. I have a lay down chrome plate which may eliminate wind drag.

It's bull **** that you guys are experiencing this issue.

Last edited by Honey-Badger; 11-23-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Ward_UT
Advanced

Wondering if there's a thread or poll on this forum asking bobber owners how many have NOT had this issue. Hasn't happened to me yet, but if this is widespread problem it will drastically change my customization plans this winter.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Drone71
Cruiser
Default B.S.

HD is well aware of this issue. LOts of us have had this issue. I was lucky enough that my fender was replaced for free. My second fender is still ok after 9K miles. Keeping fingers crossed.

Another issue which i have not seen mentioned is the license plate holder. The baracket which attaches to the tail light. That too fails. Mine cracked just like the fender... and my Lic. plate flew off the bike. I was able to ride back and pick the plate right off the highway. I had the bracket holder welded as the dealer was out of stock and non were available for a month! That item was not warrentied. Of course my bike was now several years after warrenty. SO was my rear fender for that matter. Thank god they covered the fender... the weld only cost me 20.00!

Quick Reply: Cracked Street Bob fender replacement?