Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

opinion of aftermarket wheels on dynas

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 11:43 AM
srurebel55
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinion of aftermarket wheels on dynas

hi all, this is more of an opinionated and open ended question for all us dyna riders out there. I am doing research about getting new wheels for my dyna when i get home from afghanistan and curious what yall think about them. I am looking at something from coastal moto (read and received good info on their great service) and wondering if and who has aftermarket wheels on their bike? Ive tried to look through the pictures but takes forever to load that thread.
so those of you who have them if you could post a pic or just your opinion of those kind of wheels on a dyna id appreciate hearing all opinions. Dynas is what im looking for, i know a lot of baggers run aftermarket rims.
(and yeah i know from reading post over all its my decision how my bike looks but no harm in reading peoples thoughts)
thanks guys and have a good one.... (like that one cause i cant have a beer haha)

Old 08-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

Here is our bike gallery where you will find lots of Dynas with custom wheels. Perhaps you can get a good idea of what you like from browsing the bikes.

http://hogpro.com/showpage.php?page=gallery3.htm

Old 08-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 660 Likes on 346 Posts

JMO But i like the stock spoke wheels the best or at least the rim part powder coated black! I dont think they look right with those fancy ratical cut wheels! Esp the street bob kinda has that old school look to it and if you put new school parts like fancy wheels and such it looks like 2 different looks contradicting them selfs! The best looking street bobs ive seen locally are the guys that keep going in the old school or blacked out direction. Powder coat the rims black, black 14 inch apes, custom solo seat, custom pipes wrapped, iron cross mirror or whatever YOU like for customizing the mirrors and derby cover and such, black tripple trees.. and so on!

Old 08-23-2011, 12:43 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

When it comes to aftermarket wheels, theres only two companies I'll deal with.
Hogpro for cast/machined, and Ride Wright for laced. Both companies make bullet proof products, and stand behind what they do.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Bspike1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have R.C. Components wheels on mine now. I like them, they set you apart from all the other bikes. Check my gallery for pix