Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

part # for front lowering kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 07:03 PM
clayman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default part # for front lowering kit

I am trying to order the progressive front lowering kit but cant seem to find a part # for the 06 dynas, can someone that has done this mod please tell me the #. And i was wondering if the kit gives you the option on how low you qant to go or is it two different kits. Thanks

Old 11-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Bob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: part # for front lowering kit

ORIGINAL: clayman

I am trying to order the progressive front lowering kit but cant seem to find a part # for the 06 dynas, can someone that has done this mod please tell me the #. And i was wondering if the kit gives you the option on how low you qant to go or is it two different kits. Thanks
On Progressive Suspension's web-site their part number seems to be 10-1566 for my 06 Street Bob.
If you have a different model Dyna just plug your info into their web-site.

Progressive Suspension Web Site

06FXDBI-

Old 11-15-2006, 07:43 PM
clayman
Road Master

Thanks i saw that after i posted the question. I was looking in j&p and was confused. Did you put the lowering kit on your bike and if you did, does it give the option of 1 or 2 inches.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:54 PM
Bob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: clayman

Thanks i saw that after i posted the question. I was looking in j&p and was confused. Did you put the lowering kit on your bike and if you did, does it give the option of 1 or 2 inches.
No I didn't use the lowering kit - only the progressive front springs and 440HD shocks on the rear.
The Street Bob is already low enough to suit me.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:01 PM
RudeDog
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

American Iron Mag did a Progressive front lowering kit in a DIY article a couple of months ago. They say there's a round plastic block that installs below the spring and you have to cut that in order to set your height. i.e. the more you cut off the lower you go.

It looks like a very simple install and they said it improved handling.

Speaking of cutting a plastic block to make the front shorter... Why couldn't a guy just cut the existing spring, grind the cut side flat, and reinstall it for a lower bike?

Old 11-15-2006, 09:02 PM
clayman
Road Master

Thanks rudedog

Old 11-16-2006, 12:20 AM
bobcowan
Road Warrior

The only part you need is a round spacer. The thicker the spacer, the lower the bike. No need to change springs or anything else. The stock spring is a progressive rate spring. If you want parts for the front of an '06-'07 Dyna, get parts for a V-Rod, it's the same thing internally.

If you really want to improve ride and handeling, install a Race Tech Caddies suspension kit. A little expensive, but worth every penny.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:00 AM
RudeDog
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

bobcowan Date 11/15/2006 9:20:32 PM
The only part you need is a round spacer. The thicker the spacer, the lower the bike. No need to change springs or anything else.
Wrong Bob. The thicker the spacers you stick in the tubes the stiffer ride you will get. That's doing the opposite of what Clayman is trying to do, that would be comparable to cranking the rear suspension tighter to try and get the rear end lower.

The rest of your post I will agree with, especially the Race Tech Caddies suspension kit (great setup, but alot of $$$$).