Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 wide glide rear fender

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 12:07 PM
clayman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 wide glide rear fender

I have a 2010 wideglide, i love the bike but hate what they did to it to get it passed for sale in Canada. The USA models have the clean rear fender with the side mount liceance plate, but for some reason the powers to be up here felt that wasnt safe or some bs so they stuck a tail light on the fender. I know this is on other dynas and some may like it but im not a fan at all. What im wanting to do is make it like it was originally intended to be. Theres a chopped fender kit that has the fender and the module to make the turn signals into tail and brake lights but it doesnt fit the newer wide glides. Does anyone know if you can buy the turn signal module seperately or is there a kit hd sells to make my bike look like its supposed to!! Thanks

Old 08-21-2011, 12:21 PM
'10 Wide Glide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on mine the turn signals are already turn brake right from the factory(or maybe I don`t really understand what your asking) I have to agree with you on the tail light and plate mounts though

Old 08-21-2011, 12:24 PM
switzead
Cruiser

Pull the tailight, add the STT module, HD part 68398-10. Should be easy enuff. Or I would be willing to trade you my Fatbob fender for your Wideglide fender, just saying.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:42 PM
voudoujoe
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

you can get everything you need. STT module and a fender would probably do it. Another option would be to substitute the under fender tail light for the stock one. Looks good - you can hardly see it - and costs anout the same as the STT module.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:21 PM
clayman
Road Master

Thanks for the replies. 10 wideglide, i never checked to see if my turn signals were just signals or if they were all. Maybe when they came to canada they just slapped the tail light on but the brake tail turn module was left in. On other bikes with tail lights the signals act just as signals and running lights. Problem is my bike is ripped apart so i cant check to see if what your saying is true on mine. If you could double check to see if yours is brake tail and turn that would be cool and much appretiated..

Old 08-21-2011, 03:40 PM
switzead
Cruiser

If your rear turn signal lenses are red then I bet a dollar to a donut you have the module. If you pull the taillight lens your gonna have a big hole in the fender. You'll need to weld in filler plate and repaint, chop the fender up above the hole, or buy a new fender. Part number for fender primed - 60519-10, again you will have to prime. If you decide on the new fender, I will purchase your fender.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by '10 Wide Glide
on mine the turn signals are already turn brake right from the factory(or maybe I don`t really understand what your asking) I have to agree with you on the tail light and plate mounts though
+1 my signals does the same

Old 08-21-2011, 05:21 PM
'10 Wide Glide
Tourer

Originally Posted by clayman
Thanks for the replies. 10 wideglide, i never checked to see if my turn signals were just signals or if they were all. Maybe when they came to canada they just slapped the tail light on but the brake tail turn module was left in. On other bikes with tail lights the signals act just as signals and running lights. Problem is my bike is ripped apart so i cant check to see if what your saying is true on mine. If you could double check to see if yours is brake tail and turn that would be cool and much appretiated..

I just came back from a small ride with my kid i had him double check it out for me and they are brake turn lights

Old 08-21-2011, 06:14 PM
clayman
Road Master

Very cool thanks 10 wide glide. Well im gonna yank the tail light off and live with the hole for now, i will take a hole over whats on there!! The chopped fender kit that hd sells is $530 and thats with the brake tail turn module so a new fender should be a bit less then that. It would cost me more to patch the hole and repaint. I wonder if i can just unplug the tail light and have no issues?

Old 08-21-2011, 07:36 PM
'10 Wide Glide
Tourer

Originally Posted by clayman
Very cool thanks 10 wide glide. Well im gonna yank the tail light off and live with the hole for now, i will take a hole over whats on there!! The chopped fender kit that hd sells is $530 and thats with the brake tail turn module so a new fender should be a bit less then that. It would cost me more to patch the hole and repaint. I wonder if i can just unplug the tail light and have no issues?
That I couldn't tell you, but if you have no issues let me know that could be something that I could see my self doing over the winter with the side mounted plate

Quick Reply: 2010 wide glide rear fender