Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Quarter Fairing - windshield extensions??

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Bo_Jangles
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ceebaileys
just curious to see what hd you put the quarter fairing shield on?

the cee baileys quarter fairing shield is made for the sportster xl-fxr and dyna fxd (just for future reference if you decide to try out a new fairing shield: http://www.ceebaileys.com/harley/hd_...ngshields.html )

as for the buffeting from the windshield extension... how far does it extend? maybe it's not extending tall enough to fight the wind.....?
Ceebaileys, you all should make a taller screen, something like laminar lip but a one piece. Kind of in between the stock height and that of the fxdxt screen. I'd buy one. Almost switched over to a rifle fairing just to get a taller screen but I already have and like my HD fairing.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:19 PM
K9pusher
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bo_Jangles
Ceebaileys, you all should make a taller screen, something like laminar lip but a one piece. Kind of in between the stock height and that of the fxdxt screen. I'd buy one. Almost switched over to a rifle fairing just to get a taller screen but I already have and like my HD fairing.
I second this request as the laminar lip looks kinda tacky and its a pain in the *** to remove, and when you do, it leaves the stupid locking tabs stuck on your fairing.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:27 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

hey bud somehow it fights the forces put on the top of the shield... i got mine free had it in he shop here... but yoiu can get them, stock on alot of the road kings and what not. like 10 bucks on ebay, cut like an inch off each side and the flat portion... drill center and your golden! ship it to me if you want i cna cut it for you no problem

Old 08-26-2011, 05:06 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
hey bud somehow it fights the forces put on the top of the shield... i got mine free had it in he shop here... but yoiu can get them, stock on alot of the road kings and what not. like 10 bucks on ebay, cut like an inch off each side and the flat portion... drill center and your golden! ship it to me if you want i cna cut it for you no problem
Hmmm.. can't seem to find any. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out. Thanks for the help man. Shouldn't be to difficult cutting it up.

Originally Posted by Bo_Jangles
Originally Posted by K9pusher
I second this request as the laminar lip looks kinda tacky and its a pain in the *** to remove, and when you do, it leaves the stupid locking tabs stuck on your fairing.
I COMPLETELY agree with this. That would be amazing. I know I would buy it if it was available.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:30 AM
ceebaileys
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
Hmmm.. can't seem to find any. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out. Thanks for the help man. Shouldn't be to difficult cutting it up.

I COMPLETELY agree with this. That would be amazing. I know I would buy it if it was available.
Hey adrianvall - just replied back to your PM! =)

Let's hope for this amazing idea will be in play for the future! Thanks for heads up everyone

Ride safe!

Old 08-29-2011, 11:56 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

i have the same set up 06 superglide , hd quarter fairing and laminar lip ( which i really like the way it looks)
This is what helped me, I redid the clamps so that it leans back at more of an angle. Think closer at top and further away at bottom. I did the air deflector inbetween the forks same or similar to joe. They are like 15 bucks new at hd shop and use to come on most touring models. I also did a tank lift. The lifter tank and lower deflector make a big difference in blocking the air coming from under neath.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:24 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Awesome!! Thanks for the help man.. I'm goin to call a few dealerships today to see if they have thise lower dampers. Appreciate the help man!

Originally Posted by hell hound
i have the same set up 06 superglide , hd quarter fairing and laminar lip ( which i really like the way it looks)
This is what helped me, I redid the clamps so that it leans back at more of an angle. Think closer at top and further away at bottom. I did the air deflector inbetween the forks same or similar to joe. They are like 15 bucks new at hd shop and use to come on most touring models. I also did a tank lift. The lifter tank and lower deflector make a big difference in blocking the air coming from under neath.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Major Thom
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have this one on my bike

http://www.roadawgz.com/index.htm

Last edited by Major Thom; 12-21-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:24 PM
DanDman
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm running the shield that came with my HD 1/4 fairing in the upper position, I don't get any buffeting at all. I do get some wind but it's constant no buffeting. I wear a full face helmet. When I wear a 1/2 helmet it feels like my head is in a paint shaker. On my Road Glide I haven't been able to get rid of the buffeting and I've tried all kinds shields, deflectors,etc.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:26 PM
EastBay_Solo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Major Thom
I have this one on my bike

http://www.roadawgz.com/index.htm
Yup I was wondering when some one was going to post this.. I have the ceebaileys its great but its pretty much just a stock replacement offered in
a smoked application. The roadawgz is the way to go. Its a bit pricey at $169
but IMO I believe thats the way to go if you want a taller screen. Not to many option available. This mod is next on my list once I get my bike back from the shop. 95" and cams in the works as I type this .

Quick Reply: HD Quarter Fairing - windshield extensions??