Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Wild1 bars...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 11:44 AM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tige, why no front fender????? Just temporary I hope

Old 08-16-2011, 06:23 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tweakin
I haven't posted much due to some other bike projects I have been working on but I thought I would share some changes I just made to the bob.

At first I was going to sell the Harley because it wasn't as comfortable to ride as my other bikes but I wasn't going to give it away and didn't want to sell it locally (cause I didn't want to see it) I finally decided to keep it and just make a few adjustments to fit my riding style a bit better.

Also my old a$$ having back problems and circulation issues I had to ditch the RSD vintage apes and do with something a little more user friendly. After thinking about it long and hard I decided to go with Wild1 chubby "street fighter" bars. Actually they fit my more aggressive riding style and are a lot more comfortable "for me" than my last set up. Next up might be switching back to mids.

The sissy bar is on for a weekend trip I have coming up.

Those bars look fantastic. Were you able to keep the stock cables and wiring? I love that look and am thinking about doing mine the same way now that I see how good yours looks.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Dirknar
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your bike looks Damn good, Tweakin.. A nice change of pace, from seeing all the apes as well.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:24 AM
tweakin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the compliments on the bars. I know apes and t bars are the thing right now, so that is why I went with these... I am still keeping the RSD vintage apes for now but might sell them in the future.

All stock cables work with these bars.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:22 AM
netvampire
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

perfect ..... lovely looking bike ...

Old 08-18-2011, 04:54 AM
Rainmakr
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice looking bike. Ive been considering getting those bars for my 2010 FXDC. For the riding position, do these bars have you leaning forward or are they at a good arms reach, elbow slightly bent, and comfortable? Thanks!

Old 08-18-2011, 08:48 PM
dwike
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rainmakr
Nice looking bike. Ive been considering getting those bars for my 2010 FXDC. For the riding position, do these bars have you leaning forward or are they at a good arms reach, elbow slightly bent, and comfortable? Thanks!
I'm really curious about this as well... aren't the stock bob bars about a 6.5" pull pack and these are 8.5"?, It seems like they could be a pretty comfortable bar, but I can't afford a $200 guess...

Old 08-18-2011, 09:40 PM
tweakin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 5'9" and they are really comfortable for me. I ditched the apes because I hated having to lean forward all the time. With these bars I can sit straight up and am real comfortable.

Hope this helps guys.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:14 PM
jpace024
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tweakin
I haven't posted much due to some other bike projects I have been working on but I thought I would share some changes I just made to the bob.

At first I was going to sell the Harley because it wasn't as comfortable to ride as my other bikes but I wasn't going to give it away and didn't want to sell it locally (cause I didn't want to see it) I finally decided to keep it and just make a few adjustments to fit my riding style a bit better.

Also my old a$$ having back problems and circulation issues I had to ditch the RSD vintage apes and do with something a little more user friendly. After thinking about it long and hard I decided to go with Wild1 chubby "street fighter" bars. Actually they fit my more aggressive riding style and are a lot more comfortable "for me" than my last set up. Next up might be switching back to mids.

The sissy bar is on for a weekend trip I have coming up.

Bike looks awesome, let me know if youre selling the black forwards, Id like to switch out my chrome ones over the winter.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:18 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's nice to see some sensible bars for a change. Those look great and comfortable. The MX bars have been my favorite for many decades and these are pretty close.

Quick Reply: New Wild1 bars...