Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Foot controls for short rider on wide glide.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Zinje
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foot controls for short rider on wide glide.

Buddy pulled the trigger on a 2012 wide glide. He's not very tall and the controls a little bit of a reach to feel comfortable. Are there any foot control conversions to pull in the controls closer for a shorter ride on the wide glide?

Old 08-14-2011, 08:12 PM
cjlandry
Road Master

Originally Posted by Zinje
Buddy pulled the trigger on a 2012 wide glide. He's not very tall and the controls a little bit of a reach to feel comfortable. Are there any foot control conversions to pull in the controls closer for a shorter ride on the wide glide?
I'm 5'8" tall (short) with a 30" inseam. Wide Glide forward controls suit me just fine, but I must admit that the Kuryakyn Iso-wings make it a lot better.

He might also try stirrups, switch-blades, or swing-wings. All of the above let you place your foot farther back than the stock pegs.

Also, the right seat will place him a bit more forward so that it's not such a reach.

These bikes are built for shorter people these days. Typically it's the taller riders who are extending their forward controls.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Willy723
Tourer

Harley also now has a reduced reach conversion kit for forward controls, tale a look on the HD website

Old 08-15-2011, 01:04 AM
Zinje
Tourer

Thanks guys. Can't wait till his ride comes in. A 103ci .... wonder if he'll let me ride it back till the mods get done hehe.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:28 PM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Willy723
Harley also now has a reduced reach conversion kit for forward controls, tale a look on the HD website

your friend sounds like me, i had the reduced reach seat thrown in at a discount when i bought the bike which made a world of difference and now that the reduced reach conversion kit is out will toss that on this winter....if i remember right its around $120 at zanottis.
i have the print out from the dealer somewhere around here for the install, doesnt look like its that hard to do.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:55 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts

Originally Posted by Zinje
Check out this link to find reduced reach fwd ctrl kits....

Old 08-15-2011, 07:26 PM
kneichko
Cruiser

im 5'6(5'5 to some)and im fine on the 2010 fxdwg. i put a mustang wide vintage on and it seems to have raised me up and moved me forward a bit.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Hunnie
Advanced

I am only 5'1 and own a 2010 WG, I sent my seat off to mean city cycles and had it remade to lower & move me forward a bit, I have not done anything else to my bike as far as "reaching" and it fits me great !
http://www.meancitycycles.com/

Old 08-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Zinje
Tourer

I'll let him know about the seat and mean city cycles! Thanks peeps!

Old 08-15-2011, 10:49 PM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You people looking for more reach, lower seats, etc. might check out Saddlemen's Renegade "Heels Down" seat. It puts you lower and forward and might be comfortable with its progressive density foam and gel. Looks like you can also get a driver's backrest and passenger pillion to match.

Quick Reply: Foot controls for short rider on wide glide.