Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a touring bar hopper - have your cake and eat it too?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 11:58 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by dwike
What bars and windshield are you using here????
The bars are Springer bikini bars and the windshield is National Cycle Heavy Duty from my old Shovel.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:20 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I just rode 1500 miles on my streetbob. from past experience the detachable stuff works really well. I just strapped on a handlebar bag and went. Got enough clothes in for 4 days. Personally I had a lot more fun traveling lighter. I always packed way more stuff than I needed in the past. I arrived in better shape than my heritage softail and rode much farther and harder in one day. Im sold on the dynas. Both for short hops and long rides.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:43 AM
RonnR
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, Harleys Quick detach set-up is pretty handy..

Old 08-14-2011, 03:06 AM
extsieg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tend to go for function over form when it comes to my bag set up. Here are a few photos I took for my trip over the pond.
I road up to Toronto Canada from Alabama back in April. (a tad cool I must say) then put the bike on a plane to send over to Paris.

This photo was taken at the airport cargo drop off.

In the photo I have a Givi top box that I just bolt to the rack. The whole things comes right off with the detachable rack if I want to clean up the bike for around town riding. I keep the box on most of the time for commuting to work.

In front of that I have the Large Bikers Friend roll. Great for long trips, as it gives you something to lean back on and chillax while your eating up the long distance slab miles. When you get to the stop over it has two bungee cords and thats it. Off it comes and into the hotel.

On the tank I have Large Cortech tank bag. For long trips Ill run a charger wire into the bag to keep my electronics juiced up. My iPhone sees most of this duty.

For the saddle bags I have the Rev Pack set up. Hard to beat these bags if you want an inexpensive way to haul some extra gear. I've had them in the rain, snow and dust and not a bit got into the bags. And when your done with them it's easy off in 30 seconds; again easy into the hotel which = shorter time till beer 30. !!

Bike pick up at Paris!

Bastogne

Last edited by extsieg; 08-14-2011 at 03:10 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:24 AM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I use the factory detachable bags and I have 2 shields that are quick disconnect, the smaller one being my favorite. I also have a solo rack with the pillion seat and sissy bar that go on it for when I need to bring a passenger. It's amazing what you can fit in toss bags alone. If I need to bring more then I just strap something to my solo rack.