Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 2012 Dyna Switchback Overview

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 06:11 PM
HDForums Editors
Internet Brands
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 2012 Dyna Switchback Overview

Check out today's homepage article detailing the new 2012 Dyna Switchback. Is the customization a solid new feature or just another sales gimmick?

Old 08-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts

i like it but i would never trade my fatboy lo for it.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:40 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I clicked the link. Got "page not found".

Old 08-08-2011, 10:47 PM
thealaskan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 08-08-2011, 11:14 PM
Nat_Asp_Mike
Cruiser

I just noticed that it has only one front disc/caliper. Fatbob has two. I figured Fatbob got duals because of the extra heft for a dyna. Switchback should have at least got that, for the plus-poundage.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:43 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Nat_Asp_Mike
I just noticed that it has only one front disc/caliper. Fatbob has two. I figured Fatbob got duals because of the extra heft for a dyna. Switchback should have at least got that, for the plus-poundage.

Actually, the only bikes in the entire line-up that have dual discs are the Fat Bob, the V-Rods, and the touring bikes. The RK is a 100 lbs more than the Switchback.

I'm sure the brakes on the Switchback are adequate. But, I'm also sure they could be improved. I've never seen a Harley yet that had great brakes straight from the factory.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:24 PM
dick da printa
Cruiser
Default switchback

this is the first new hd that has made me think about trading my 03 fxdwg which i love! very nice

Old 08-12-2011, 12:47 PM
zackman007
Stage I
Thumbs up 2012 Switchback

I just test rode this bike the other day ( 8-11-11) and I must say I am well pleased this bike has best of both worlds, I will be getting one this November ** That's when I'll have enough for a down payment**! I test rode this Bike on smooth rode and rough rode a smooth ride all the way around, I got this bike up to 55 Miles per hour and then slamed on the brakes she came to a smooth stop ( I am 6'1" tall and weight 255 lbs ) and this bike can handle me with no problems, I was looking to trade my old Wide Glide for a Street Glide but I saw this bike and took a test ride and knew this is going to be my new bike for the next ten years or so. I like to ride my bike almost every day back and forth to work; a 45 min. ride one way, and then take some trips with friends every once in awhile and I can see that this new style is going to fit my bill of riding just fine. My old bike was great for long rides but not that great for in town use of stopping and going, my test ride on this new 2012 Switchback was both in town stopping and going then a quick ride down the highway at 65 Miles Per Hour and I passed 4 Big trucks and had just a little problem with the wind but all i will need is a bigger windshield problem solved, and the salemans said that they would switch it out for me at no extra charge. H/D has in my opion has come up with a Great Bike, Price is So-So could be a little lower but it is a great Harley. on a score of 1-10 i would give this a 9.3 the reason not a perfect 10 is because untill we add our own style on to it then it will never be perfect --LOL--- just some of my thoughts Ride On and Ride Free !!!!!!

Old 08-12-2011, 01:25 PM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

i like everything about it except the front fender, it just looks too big on this bike.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:28 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

After riding my streetbob 1500 miles this past week I am sold on any dyna. I have never been more comfortable on long rides , got great mileage 45 to 50 mpg down at lower elevations and lots of passing power to get around trailers, campers and BMWs that wouldn't move aside. guess the driver of that expensive car had never ridden a bike before. Looked surprised when I pulled away so fast from him. these things are a blast to ride anywhere. Great power with just a pipe change. Post pics when you get your new bike. Id like to see it.

Quick Reply: The 2012 Dyna Switchback Overview