Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 2012 Dyna Switchback Overview

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 08:07 PM
UltraSteveUSAF
Road Master
Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Exciment is setting in. I'll have my bike back tomorow hopefully. Get some pics for you all. They had a silver one at the factory on display, and I saw all colors being made while I was there. Not sure why delivery is slow on other colors. I'll be in Charolette at the Drags this weekend in the camping area come on by take a gander.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:17 AM
jamman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got 2200 miles on mine , my 103 is noisy as hell , and i changed to mobile 1 at 1 k, i also dont think it has as much snap as my 88 06 bob , but it pulls like a frieght train.. also , the fuel gauge warning light that doesnt work right , but does when i go to the dealer pisses me off..other than that.. sweet..

Old 09-13-2011, 07:05 AM
UltraSteveUSAF
Road Master
Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Feel pretty lucky my fuel gage drops pretty quick the light usually comes on at 50 miles then thelow range comes on at 10. Gas gage drops real quick for 44 mpg. Seems as soon as I have 50 miles on it no matter how full it is at the start the gage reads 3/4. Not to worried. Averaging 160-180 miles a tank afraid to do the extra. When I fill it up it usually says 204 remaining. Really like the gages.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:37 PM
jamman
Road Master

Originally Posted by switchbacksteve
Feel pretty lucky my fuel gage drops pretty quick the light usually comes on at 50 miles then thelow range comes on at 10. Gas gage drops real quick for 44 mpg. Seems as soon as I have 50 miles on it no matter how full it is at the start the gage reads 3/4. Not to worried. Averaging 160-180 miles a tank afraid to do the extra. When I fill it up it usually says 204 remaining. Really like the gages.
mine has never read over 150.. it gets about 32 miles to the gallon..

Old 09-13-2011, 05:16 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jamman
mine has never read over 150.. it gets about 32 miles to the gallon..
Should improve slightly as time goes on.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Sporty07
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the bike few weeks ago and I enjoy the bike. I do have a problem with the fuel milage though, but if I stay off the throttle and slow down I may have better gas milage...The bike looks like an old FLH Shovelhead...I find the ride decent and smooth, but I rode a sporty for years, so to me its a big difference...I have yet removed the bags yet but i am using them, an if i take them off i will need them...

Old 09-15-2011, 10:21 AM
perryross
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sporty07
I got the bike few weeks ago and I enjoy the bike. I do have a problem with the fuel milage though, but if I stay off the throttle and slow down I may have better gas milage...The bike looks like an old FLH Shovelhead...I find the ride decent and smooth, but I rode a sporty for years, so to me its a big difference...I have yet removed the bags yet but i am using them, an if i take them off i will need them...
Congratulations on your new ride.
Things should get better after it’s broke in a little.
It’s a very nice bike.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:35 PM
jamman
Road Master

+1 congrats..

Old 09-20-2011, 09:03 AM
cecharles
Tourer

I've been riding my 2001 FXD over 10 years now and has been a great bike. I love the ride and handling and power. I wasn't planning on buying a new bike just yet but when I saw the new 2012 Switchback, I had to look into it. I've always wanted a Dyna with the fat front end but I didn't like the dual headlights and flared rear fender on the FatBob. The Switchback has the look that I've been waiting for.
Recently, my wife and I took a long weekend to go sightseeing and after loading the luggage rack with our bags full of clothes, I thought it would be nice to have saddle bags. That's the other thing I like about the Switchback but still isn't the reason why I was pushed over the edge to put some money out.
The thing that pushed me over the edge was that sweet 103 C.I. motor. I took a RoadGlide Ultra for a test ride this past weekend and loved it. It had the 103 C.I. motor and some sort of upgraded Stage II or III kit and aftermarke exhaust so it wasn't totally stock. But I figured with a few upgrades and the Switchback being roughly 200 pounds lighter, it should have a lot of zip to it.
I told the dealer I don't want to take delivery until next April because I don't want it sitting around all through the Michigan winter and it'll give me more time to save up more money for the upgrades.
I'm not getting rid of my 2001 FXD that has over 47,000 miles on it. I'll still ride it for hopefully a long time to come.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:52 PM
snookums
Tourer

first thing i noticed was the fat boy front end and rear fender in the Dyna set up. I was disappointed to see they put a 4.3 gallon tank on a touring bike. I would think if you're gonna tour, you will need the bigger tank on it.

Quick Reply: The 2012 Dyna Switchback Overview