Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 2012 Dyna Switchback Overview

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I stopped into Boston HD the other day and as I was leaving a red bike caught my eye.
Turns out it was the Switchback.

I called the sales guy over and we talked about the bike. Then he had me remove the bags. It was really easy to do and the bike looked pretty cool without the bags. I'd probably lower it and swap out that front fender for something more slimline.

I like the fact that it comes with the detachable windshield, and fairly decent rims. The floorboards, 103 motor, 6 speed tranny and e-z clutch are some pretty nice luxuries to have.

Change the pipes and put a race tuner on there and I'll betcha that bike would scream!

I like the fact that you can strip the bike down quickly for riding solo.

I'm not a big Dyna guy but at 17K & change I think this bike will be a big seller. Time will tell I guess!

Last edited by Alien Spyder; 08-12-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:13 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Meh on that front end.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:28 AM
cmonster
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

only negative i see is polished covers instead of chrome-got a to do list before purchase i guess!

Old 08-13-2011, 08:31 AM
Mk1Racer
Road Master

Originally Posted by Nat_Asp_Mike
I just noticed that it has only one front disc/caliper. Fatbob has two. I figured Fatbob got duals because of the extra heft for a dyna. Switchback should have at least got that, for the plus-poundage.
Yep, I would want dual discs up front. If it's supposed to pull duty as a touring bike, I think you'd want that. Heck, I want to convert my Wide Glide to a dual-disc front end because it won't stop.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:31 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

I like the look of the Switchback. I sat on one at the dealer the other day and it is a very comfortable bike.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:35 AM
twofish
Road Master

Alien Spyder
Is an “e-z clutch” something different than different than any other stock clutch?
My hands are showing signs of aging and “e-z er clutch” would be nice.

Thanks

Old 08-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Speedhitter
Cruiser

Haven't seen one personally, but I definitely like what I see! The quick change is great although I've had that with my FXDXT for years. The floor boards look like they are more forward then the police version or V-Twin models. Very impressed so far!

Old 08-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

I went to the dealer and they don't have any. I was told they had one in so far, and it sold right away.

Nice concept. I wouldn't trade in my Fat Bob for one, but if they had this in '08 when I fell for the Fat Bob I would have at least take it for a test ride. I wish them success with this model.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:29 AM
NTrain177
Cruiser

i have just over 200 miles on my switchback and love it...the ergo's are just much nicer that what i had on my night train...thanks to the FLH style ergo's...when i first got the bike and rode it i thought it rode bad and was thinking **** what did i buy here!!! THen i took the bags off to wash it the other day and the shocks from the factory were on ZERO the softest setting!! No wonder i was bottoming out all over...Got them set on 3 and Tryed the windsheild out the other day and it isn't bad but i could see it being most effective for april or october ridding...The 103 doesn't seem too bad for being 100% stock...seems as good as my brothers street glide 96er with a SE air cleaner and python slip ons and he just had his bike dyno'ed at 68.5hp so id say this stocker is around that mark. All in all very happy with the bike i am 5'9 205lbs and it does the job great..at 16,300 plust tax and what not i am happy i passed up on the lead sled road king

Old 08-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Mk1Racer
Road Master

At $1500 less than the Road King, I'm sure you'll see more people making that same choice. Not my style, but if I were interested in a Road King, I'd sure look real hard at the Switchback. Bike looks good w/o the bags and the shield.

And for the record, my FXDWG w/ the Q/R shield, throw-over bags, and T-bag on the back is great to tour on and carries a lot of stuff!

Quick Reply: The 2012 Dyna Switchback Overview