Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best dealerships?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 10:09 AM
rtm58
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best dealerships?

Would like honest opinions as to the best dealerships. 99.9% of the Harley riders I have met have been great people. Not quite so at some of the dealerships I have been to. Sort of like they are doing me a favor by letting me come in the door. Then others have been pretty cool. I understand the whole supply and demand thing, but c'mon on, surely there are dealers that will deal SOMETHING on the price, or am I dreaming?
Anyway, this is just sort of a follow-up to my comparison question. After reading the comments, I am reminded that one of the things that are enjoyable about riding, is the soul of the machine that takes you on that journey.
Not afraid to go some distance to get a bike (even out of state). Not above waiting until winter even (I have heard that some dealers get hungry in those months and might make a better deal... of course, this could just be an urban legend.
Thanks again in advance for the info I am about to receive.

Last edited by rtm58; 08-07-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: misspelled words
Old 08-07-2011, 12:37 PM
The13Fallen
Advanced

well here around Fort Campbell, I would recommend Four Rivers Harley in Paducah, KY or Cool Springs Harley in Franklin, TN I have bought bikes from both places and they worked real hard for me, even delivered my bike to me for free cause I live 40 minutes away. They have websites check them out

Old 08-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Harlie Rider
Road Master
Received 93 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

In North Carolina, Tilley Harley Davidson is aces!! Great bunch of people there.
Friendly sales people and knowledgeable techs. Good dyno folks and experts
at Sportster performance. The owner, Don Tilley is well known in racing circles
and still keeps an active hand in the biz.
My experience is they will deal on price but you need to do your homework to
get a deal you are comfortable with.
Stay away from Blue Ridge in Hickory, NC.

Attached Thumbnails Best dealerships?-100_1007.jpg  
Old 08-07-2011, 09:50 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Renegade Harley here in Alexandria,Louisiana is #6 in the nation for sales this year, and made the Golden Shield award for service, if that answers your question.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Night train David
Advanced

Bruce Rossmeyer's Southern Thunder Harley Davidson right outside Memphis Tn is located off interstate 55 south in Southaven Ms.I was a first time Harley buyer and I was treated like I had been ridin a Harley all my life.I have never been to the dealership that I got a hand shake and a smile and of course courteous service and a great time just hanging out.The next time you come down interstate 55 stop by and see a great Harley Dealership.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:09 AM
rtm58
Advanced

Thanks for the tips. This forum is a lot of fun and quite a lot of good information, advice, and education has been passed my way. Also some great insight. I have never had the pleasure of owning a Harley before, but got to ride a few. Taking a 2 day "test ride" on a Fat Bob in September in the Rocky Mountains. My best friend lives there and we used to ride a lot here in Texas before he moved. I currently ride a Yamaha FJR1300, but miss my Roadstar cruiser. Started doing some research between Raiders and Fat Bob's and the number one reason I have never owned a Harley before is the price. Actually, the ONLY reason. Love the bikes, but this Raider is similarly prices, so I have decided to bite the bullet and get the Harley. My test ride will confirm. I have to rent a 2010 model and I really want the 2012 with the bigger engine. My understanding is the bike ergos are about the same and handling etc. The 2012 will just have more kick in the pants when the throttle is twisted. I can live with that!

Old 08-08-2011, 09:21 AM
MYKSHD
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealer is Apol's HD of Raymond MN. a town of about 1200 people. These guys are great. I bought my bike from a private party and these guys treated me like family from the start. The second time I walked into the store everyone new me by first name. If you ever slide through Raymond MN. Stop in and say hey to Joe and his gang, small town nice. Mike

Old 08-08-2011, 02:51 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know what part of Texas you are in, but one of the best dealerships to buy a bike from is Gruene Harley in New Braunfels. The sold me my bike for the mfg price without taking on extra, got a few give aways including the 1K service.

I dealt with another dealer for 3 days with all kinds of agravation, went to Gruene, told them the bike I wanted, what I could afford, what I needed added, ect.
It was all approved for exactly the figures I asked for in 15 minutes. No haggling, no upcharges, no BS. I was riding off after an hour.

From the moment you walk in you are greeted, you are never pressured, the employees will just stand around and bike talk with you.

A year before I bought I was talking to one of the salesman and he knew I was interested in a dyna fat bob or superglide. I told him upfront I wasn't in a position to buy yet. He pulled out a 25,000 CVO fatbob and told me to take it for a ride. Didn't have to ask me twice. I rode it, came back, we b/s for awhile, I went home. No pressure. When I was ready to buy, I bought it from him....1 year later.

He has a lot of customers that come down from Houston and buy from him. He knows his stuff, he use to be a GM so he has control over the deal without having to ask anybody. Whatever he tells you he does.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Blakerea
Cruiser

I have had good experiences at Mancuso in Houston and Woodlands Harley

Old 08-09-2011, 02:48 AM
rtm58
Advanced

Hey Rooti.
Thanks for the advice. I live in Pleasanton and go up to the Gristmill to eat on a regular basis. What is the salesmans name at Gruene Harley. I'd like to talk to him. Give me your name and he might even give you a bird dog fee. Thanks for your help

Quick Reply: Best dealerships?