Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best dealerships?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 05:37 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

PM sent, good luck in finding that perfect bike. By the way, what are you looking at?

Old 08-10-2011, 08:57 AM
rtm58
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2012 Fat Bob in that awesome blue color. Look forward to meeting you some day Rooti. I might go up there this weekend just to start a relationship with the dealer and see what's what.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:35 AM
darkcvc
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rtm58
(I have heard that some dealers get hungry in those months and might make a better deal... of course, this could just be an urban legend.
This is what I did. I took my motorcycle drivers class at my dealer in August '10, and my bike was there. Went back twice a month roughly for the next months until I bought it in February '11. Got it for about $2500 less than the price was in August.

I took off the $1000 1 yr warranty plan too, and then of course my bike has had electrical problems since 2 weeks after I purchased it, and they wouldn't even cut me a break on there $98 an hour labor...

Old 08-10-2011, 03:18 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me know I'll meet you there. I doubt if they even have a fat bob on the showroom floor there. I've never seen one there for more then a week. Have you checked into the customizing program? I'm still confused how it works but go to the HD site and check it out.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:24 PM
craig11dyna
Tourer

Any good ones for service in South Florida?

Old 08-11-2011, 02:56 AM
rtm58
Advanced

Originally Posted by rooti
Let me know I'll meet you there. I doubt if they even have a fat bob on the showroom floor there. I've never seen one there for more then a week. Have you checked into the customizing program? I'm still confused how it works but go to the HD site and check it out.
Haven't looked at that program yet. Still working on just getting the bike. When I know better what my schedule is, I'll let you know. Working nights for next two weeks. Get off at 6:45 Sat morn. Need some sleep first

Old 08-11-2011, 09:31 AM
DynaWdDawg
6th Gear

Originally Posted by rtm58
Would like honest opinions as to the best dealerships. 99.9% of the Harley riders I have met have been great people. Not quite so at some of the dealerships I have been to. Sort of like they are doing me a favor by letting me come in the door. Then others have been pretty cool. I understand the whole supply and demand thing, but c'mon on, surely there are dealers that will deal SOMETHING on the price, or am I dreaming?
Anyway, this is just sort of a follow-up to my comparison question. After reading the comments, I am reminded that one of the things that are enjoyable about riding, is the soul of the machine that takes you on that journey.
Not afraid to go some distance to get a bike (even out of state). Not above waiting until winter even (I have heard that some dealers get hungry in those months and might make a better deal... of course, this could just be an urban legend.
Thanks again in advance for the info I am about to receive.
I bought mine and many of my friends have bought theirs from Ft. Washington in Maryland. They are great people out there... And because I refered people to them, they gave me a little gift to say thanks.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Galdog
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Indy West in Plainfield, Indiana has always been great to me. Went out of their way to help me with the MOCO when my inner Primary went out. They have my bike right now and are working with me on the damages and mods I want done while repairs are being made from the accident.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:33 PM
jblank37
Road Captain

Give Lander's Harley Davidson in Little Rock, AR a call. Talk to "Captain",a salesman. He is great and knows what he is doing. I bought my 2009 Superglide from him. Got a fantastic deal.

Phone number: 501-568-3160