Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hd warranty ftw!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 08:20 PM
grubeda7
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hd warranty ftw!!!

Cant believe but I actually won a warranty issue without much of a fight. Took my center consule off to clean underneath and BOOM, there was a chip in the clear coat underneath. Needless to say I wasnt happy. It was all the way down to the metal on the edge of the tank. Took it into the dealer and they said "Well its non visible so HDMC doesnt cover it normally." bikes only been on the road for 4 months with 2K on it. They took pictures and sent it them in. I told the service manager that I was more worried about future rust that the cosmetic problem (especially since it was underneath the panel.) I told him whatever he could say/do to get HD to replace it would be met with lunch/dinner/numerous pizza's brought in at random.

Well it goes to show, be extra nice and people will go the extra mile. Talked to HDMC the other day and they are going to replace the tank! Couldnt believe it, thought I would have to do a lot more bitching and moaning to make it happen.

Which brings me to the question. Since warranty is covering the labor for tank removal/install. What are some mods to be done where I can save the labor cost. Im thinking braided fuel lines, powercoat the rocker covers wrinckle black, anything else Im missing? Thanks in advance and just happy as hell they're standing behind their product!!

Attached Thumbnails Hd warranty ftw!!!-photo-1.jpg  
Old 08-06-2011, 09:05 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great news. Now where exactly is this chip. You say its underneath the center console. Not visible if the console is installed? Good to hear they are going to take care of it. Could of just got some auto paint to cover it up since its not seen if the console is on.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:22 PM
that_guy
Tourer

and we wonder why HD **** is so expensive. 5 dollars worth of touch up paint and its fixed. Now HD has to foot the bill for easily $500+ for something that isnt even visible. Sorry but i think this is a tad bit ****

Old 08-06-2011, 09:52 PM
grubeda7
Advanced

wow.... you buy something new and dont expect it to be in new condition? I call bullshit, if you saw that on your bike you'd be just as mad. Dont be "that guy." Im not throwing 5$ of auto paint on a bike I just spent 15K for. It was a bubble in the clear coat that when heated a bunch of times expanded and broke off the paint. Im not going to have rust or corrosion down the road because of something that should have been seen at the factory.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:55 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by that_guy
and we wonder why HD **** is so expensive. 5 dollars worth of touch up paint and its fixed. Now HD has to foot the bill for easily $500+ for something that isnt even visible. Sorry but i think this is a tad bit ****
Totally agree.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:57 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 553 Likes on 381 Posts

What dealer did you take it to since you are in the Chicagoland area? I'm curious because maybe I can take my business there.

Thanks

Old 08-07-2011, 12:15 AM
thealaskan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Which brings me to the question. Since warranty is covering the labor for tank removal/install. What are some mods to be done where I can save the labor cost.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

??? How could you possibly think the dealer is going to do more for you free of labor just because they have the tank off ?

I'm speechless.

Old 08-07-2011, 02:23 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thealaskan
Which brings me to the question. Since warranty is covering the labor for tank removal/install. What are some mods to be done where I can save the labor cost.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

??? How could you possibly think the dealer is going to do more for you free of labor just because they have the tank off ?

I'm speechless.
Ditto......I can't believe the guy didn't just put a dab of paint on it and call it good. Now he wants free labor, a new tank and whatever else he can get for free.

Reminds me of a friend I had. He'd buy something like a vacuum sealer, use it to do what he needed it for, then take it back and get his money refunded. Same mentality.

Old 08-07-2011, 02:54 AM
Crushrus
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im assuming he meant he wouldn't have to pay for them to remove the tank while doing the other installs. which means he's fine paying for them to remove his rockers, sit on the bike while he has them powder coated, replace them, change out lines... all because he'll get 30 minutes of free labor out of a tank install. a ha.

personally id have just broken out the girlfriends clear nail polish, but I'm ghetto like that.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:53 AM
TMike84
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a bad job done by the manufacturer and should be covered by them. Who cares if it can't be seen, it could lead to rust and other problems down the road. Bike is 4 months old then it is the right thing to do and replace the whole tank. I would only consider touching it up if I didn't just buy the it or I bought it used. You pay that much for something brand new then you expect to get something that looks brand new, no defects.

Quick Reply: Hd warranty ftw!!!