Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Turn Signal Relocation

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 09:13 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rear Turn Signal Relocation

Okay, with the HD turn signal relocation bar I put on officially broken, let's see what others here have done to move the rear turn signals off the fender struts to another location. Home made or other custom projects are welcomed as well as any aftermarket sources that have worked for someone.

It seems to be a popular project to clean up the rear of the bike and to allow for the installation of saddlebags.

Thanks in advance, I'm guessing that my HD part is no longer of much use since one of the mounting studs broke off. Oh yeah, photos would be appreciated in your post.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:05 PM
warren888
Account Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Rear Turn Signal Relocation

I'm planning on relocating my signals to prepare for soft saddlebags next spring.

I will probably buy BOSS saddlebags (heard great things about them).

They sell a relocation kit for Lowriders & Superglides - with a laydown license plate holder - all preassembled and wired.

Picture is at : http://www.bossbags.com/images/lowlaydown.jpg

It looks decent.

If you want to read up on the product, go to their home page, click on PRODUCTS, then DYNA, then scroll down throug the accessories at the bottom of the page.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:39 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the Boss Bag kit is the same as the HD one only includes turn signals, preassembled and wired for more $. I used the HD one on mine and it wasn't that had to install and wire.
I also have the Boss Bag saddlebags and they are very nice.

Dglide,
Maybe you could do a search on ebay and pickup a cheap used one from a touring bike and fit the turn signal bar to yours. The fender is different but you might be able to use the bar and then then attach to your existing tail light. Just a thought since there isn't much out there for the dynas.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:51 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member

Thanks for the link. That looks like a perfect idea and there is also a pretty nice handlebar pouch to boot.

Gary

Old 11-13-2006, 11:23 AM
Bobberino
Road Master

I have the kurykan led one with the turn signal built right in. I doubt that its legal, but i thought that would be the cleanest when i put on my detachable bags.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:32 AM
ItsaHarley
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you go to Boss bags, you have to relocate the rear turn signals off of the fender strut. I used the HD Laydown plate/ Turn signal combo. I like the looks better than the stock location. My only improvement to it would be to shorten the bar so the turn signals don't stick out as far. That Panacea light (Kuryakyn) I would imagine would not grab a cager's attention unless you had some auxiliary turn signals to go along with it.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member

Are you wanting to move the signals strictly for mounting bags?

If not, relocate them to the fender somewhere.

DGlide04- I have the bar that you need from the relocation kit...was really worth $75.00 wasn't it!? PM me if you want to keep it the way it is since I don't really plan on using it.

Old 11-13-2006, 08:00 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Mascman

Are you wanting to move the signals strictly for mounting bags?

If not, relocate them to the fender somewhere.

DGlide04- I have the bar that you need from the relocation kit...was really worth $75.00 wasn't it!? PM me if you want to keep it the way it is since I don't really plan on using it.

Yes, they were relocated due to the addition of occasional use of saddlebags. In response to your other question, sure, it was well worth the $75.00 for a part that broke in a little over a year. [:@] You have PM if you have the chrome bar and you're not going to use it.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:57 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior

How did your bar break? I'm curious because I've had mine on for over a year and it's fine.

Old 11-14-2006, 03:21 AM
05Dynachic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Leatherworks bags, standard harley bag mounts, a lay down license plate and we didn't use the extension bar for the tail lights. Mr. Wizard was able to figure a way to mount everything and leave my taillights right where they belong.

However, I don't know if I would be able to ALSO add a sissy bar considering the modifications he made. I must say the way he did this was pretty slick.

Shar

Quick Reply: Rear Turn Signal Relocation