Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which pipes sound better??

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Tamara
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which pipes sound better??

...THE V & H BIG SHOTS, SIDE SHOTS, OR SHORT SHOTS?

I just bought a 2012 Fat Bob.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:07 AM
JerryGarcia4295
Cruiser

The question is pretty hard to answer ... I prefer a lower sound, so I like the side shots and big shots ... the short shots have a "sharper" sound to them if you like that. I have the side shots and they sound even better now - 3 years after I bought then than they did when I put them on. I have a friend w/ the big shots ... they sound nice and "rumbly"

Old 08-05-2011, 10:28 AM
2011 Street Bob Rusch
6th Gear

I agree with JerryGarcia4295, but I would look up different videos on Youtube. People are always nice enough to post videos of there new exhaust. This may help determine what your looking for. Also, V & H regular baffles are a little quite for me so I recently replaced mine with BCT baffles. However, some people enjoy quite baffles because they like hearing the wind....which V & H does make quite baffles as well.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:46 AM
JDS-SG11
6th Gear

I've got Big Shots on my SG and love them. It's a subjective question, but I like the Big Shots because they are a smaller diameter and seem to have more of a "crackly" old school sound than some of the larger diameter pipes. If you're running stocks now, my guess is you'll be pretty darn happy with any of them! Hope you find what you're looking for.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:05 PM
bobnehoc
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I think a better question would have been which one of these pipes will give me the sound I am looking for....In other words are you looking for a loud or quiet exhaust. Deep rumble or high pitch...etc...Best thing to do is go out to a local bike night and check out the different types of exhausts. If you see one you like don't be afraid too ask about it. Most bikers love to talk about their rides.... Good luck....

Old 08-05-2011, 12:26 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Your ears will be ringing after riding a long time with the short shots. They exhaust right behind you straight into your ears. My brother has the big shots and I love the sound. I just put rush slip ons with the 2.25 baffles and they sound a lot like the big shots...I was surprised at the sound for slip ons. If I had bought the fat bob instead of the superglide I would have kept the tommy gun stock exhaust and put on the slip ons. Just my opinion

Old 08-05-2011, 01:29 PM
rolling_again
Road Master
Received 445 Likes on 190 Posts

Not in your list but I have the Big Radius 2 X 2. I really like the sound they give and the look.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:34 PM
RDFXDF
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

All of them sound good but in different ways. Personally I like the sound of the big shots but prefer the look and volume of the short shots. You will be happy with any of them.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:19 PM
valter
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before buying the Big Shots, i wanted the short shots. Wife liked the longer length of the BS, but i liked the look of the SS, so, went with the BS, and i am happy with the decision. IMO, the SS should great, but a little too loud/higher pitched, and the BS have that deeper throughtier sound.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:25 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Videos are great but you need to hear them in person to really get the real sound. But here is my video and i would say its pretty close. I have the Big Shots and i had stock baffles , bct baffles, and v&h quiet baffles. Right now i am running stock baffles. I think it sounds the best. The BCT QQ baffles made the exhaust sound louder to me over stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1L-f...el_video_title

Quick Reply: Which pipes sound better??