Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4" Risers on Super Glide Custom?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 10:58 PM
The Dean
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same bike and close enough to 5.9. I installed a 4 inch riser. It did make it a little better but I have a pull between the shoulder blades and not lower back. If you install a riser there is plenty of wire to pull from under the tank area. I had to move the brake cable some. Over all a 15 minute job. But to make a fit right I am changing bars to a 12 inch ape. That puts my arms level and should do the trick. I am leaving the riser in so if I want to lower it then just replace the riser. You can find a good deal on here or ebay. 4 inch is about the most you can go with the brake line.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:35 PM
ault27fxdc
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI all....sorry for being absent for so long....Has anyone had experience with this particular item, currently sold on J&P's website?

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/5000090

Since the last post I've been struggling along with the same setup and really, really need to get on this as the weather in Florida is prime for riding.

To refresh, I have a stock 2010 FXDC Super Glide Custom. Just looking to install 4.5" pullback risers in the garage so I can sit back a bit more.

Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed. A weekend trip to local Harley shop once again was not the best.....tried to sell me new bars and a cable re-route for a "fair price of $1500"......not cool.

...I just want to sit back a bit further so I'm not hunched over.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:04 PM
kennygsuperglide
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is a pic of my "11" superglide with 4 1/2 inch risers with 1 1/2 inch pullback. stock wires and cables... I smell Dealer bull ****.

Attached Thumbnails 4" Risers on Super Glide Custom?-phone-pics-115.jpg  
Old 02-16-2012, 09:06 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

I don't see any reason you can't get those pullback risers on the bike without any trouble at all using all the stock wires and cables. I would suggest that before you even consider darkening a dealers doorstep, stop in at a local Indy shop and talk to them. Those are super common risers. So common in fact, most Indy's that actually have a counter and cash register probably have them right in stock. Since you seem adamant about having it done professionally vs. doing it in your own garage, ask the shop for a quote. I venture to guess its going to be so much cheaper that you will have a sour taste in your mouth concerning dealers for years to come.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:11 PM
kennygsuperglide
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

bikerlaw is absolutely correct. I paid $30 for my risers from Custom Chrome and spent about 30 minutes installing them myself. Lay a towel on your tank, unbolt your top clamp on your risers, lay your bars on the towel on your tank, remove risers, ....................Reverse.............. Drink a beer and wait for spring. DONE!

Old 02-16-2012, 09:56 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I started with the buckhorns and got rid of them pretty quick.

Probably the most comfortable set-up was sporty bars with 4 1/2" Pullback risers. The thing is there is a lot of wire and cable their to work with as long as you don't go ape. On my third bar set-up and still using the stock wires and cables. The dealer is going to cover their *** by doing everything "by the book" meaning new everything.

Sporty bars:

Old 02-17-2012, 01:42 AM
R-Jay
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The J&P risers are the same ones I installed on my '08 FXDC. No adding to the wires, cables or anything else. Have made lots of all day rides and a few 4K+ trips with no problems. Your stock H-D top clamp should fit the risers also. I am 5'9" and that made a world of difference in my comfort level on long rides. Did the install myself in only 30 mins. Good luck with yours. You will enjoy the results!

Old 02-21-2012, 07:42 PM
ault27fxdc
Novice

Thanks all. I've ordered for Friday delivery and will attempt install on Saturday. Will post before and after pics once done, regardless of if everything fits. I appreciate all comments and the help you've all provided! Much thanks all!!!

Old 02-21-2012, 08:39 PM
brown dawg
Cruiser

i have an 09 fxdc i bought the rivco 4" riser w/2"pullback out of j&p cycles for like $174.00 luv em no wire or cable changes also bought the poly bushings last time i looked the catalog said they fit up to 2005 model but they worked just fine for me

Old 02-23-2012, 06:31 PM
cnydynarider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look here-post 3 and 4

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...t-numbers.html

This is what I'm going to use.

Quick Reply: 4" Risers on Super Glide Custom?