Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, no problems
58.37%
Yes, problems- please explain
8.57%
No, want one
10.20%
No, why not?
22.86%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Windsheild yes/no

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 04:08 AM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Windsheild yes/no

ORIGINAL: SKT

Not no

Not heck no

But, F@*k no...

To me it defeats the purpose of riding a motorcycle. If I want the windless feeling I will take the truck.

Just finished a frame-off on a 76' CJ5 and it will NEVER see a top on it, ever!
Well Said, eloquent!

Let me elaborate more, perhaps when I get old and feebleI will find a windshield is needed. (I am only 54 presently).

[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 01-28-2007, 04:41 AM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Whew,guess I'm gettin' old and feeble.

Put about fifteen thousand miles on my bike in the last ten months,don't think nothin' about a seven hundred mile run in one day,but unless I'm just bar hoppin' I'm gonna have that windshield on.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 04-03-2007, 12:19 AM
skullyface
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After 12 years of riding HD without a shield, I bought my first windshield for the Softail STD that I had at the time. I put exactly 60 miles on it and took it off. Way too much buffeting. Never tried one again.

I've done 700 mile days, no-windshield, without getting very sore or whatever.
but now I'm toying with the idea of putting a small windshield on my 06 bob. i average about 14k miles a year (mostly back and forth to work every day). lots of construction around here has all kinds of crap blowing around on the street.

i care more about function than style. personally i think crash bars, sissy bars and saddlebags don't look that good on this bike, but the function they provide is more important to me. if i can get a windshield to function without all the bobble-head crap then i don't care much what it looks like.

some bikes are for lookin' at and some are for ridin'.
to each, his own.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:32 AM
gorilla
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was one of those "not me, no way!" guys for a while. But I got the quick dettach HD sport ws as a gift and I have seen the light. I can ride in colder temps. I see a lot of bug splatters on my shield that would have firmly struck me in the face. I still willtake it off the bike at times, but it's nice to have the option. Now if the moco would just make a c-clamp worth a crap I'd be happy!

Old 04-03-2007, 04:59 AM
matkiwi
Road Master

Rode coast to coast (US that is) last year without one. Put detachable one on my Bob for motorway riding here in UK where it is typically 80mph plus and love it. Not sure about the look on or off being better ... I like it.
The votes indicate the yes votes have it ... but the no's seem to be more vocal.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:07 AM
GeeRam
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: matkiwi
Put detachable one on my Bob for motorway riding here in UK where it is typically 80mph plus and love it.
Whichversion did you get.....?

Old 04-03-2007, 06:28 AM
matkiwi
Road Master

Memphis slim ... its almost invisible on the bike ... be careful which one you order ...
SB and LR: MEM4210 clear or smoked version windshield & 2320-0006 DOCKING KIT
Other:
MEM4210 Clear or smoked version windshield & 2320-0003 DOCKING KIT FOR 06-07 DYNA FXDI FXDCI

Ebay ... look at Sorgys to get the right model ... I recommend him as a seller too http://motors.search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&a mp;satitle=MEMPHIS+SHADES+WINDSHIELD
&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&fmmk=&fmmd=&fylo=& fyhi=&mppfqy=MEMPHIS+SHADES+WINDSHIELD&sad is=200&fpos=DT2+0HP
&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&a mp;seller=1&sass=s0rgys&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1& amp;coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypa ge=search&fgtp=

Old 04-03-2007, 06:53 AM
slicknick
Novice

I personally do not like the look of a windshield on a dyna. I have a windshield that only gets put on when the temp drops below 40. It does make a huge diff. then.

[IMG]local://upfiles/25313/D7D27B84C249488487C2C45D09E384F3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-03-2007, 07:13 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: SPECIAL ED

ORIGINAL: SPECIAL ED
If you're not concerned with how it looks why would you buy a Harley in the first place?

Because I'm a rider, not a poser.
My point is that there are plenty of bikes out there that do literally everything better than Harleys except look cool and they do it for less money.On top of that many of them even come with windshields.If I didn't give a crap how it looked I'd just buy an FZ1 or a Bandit and be done with it.
RESPECTFULLY.....I couldn't disagree more! I bought my Harley-Davidson, because of the way they feel...the power delivery, the vibrations, shakes, the sounds, low torque, Susie has alot of character....My Superglide looks like a "hopped up" Duo-Glide, and rides like a "hopped up" Duo-Glide! But, I have RELIABILITY I could never have with a pan or a gen./shovel FL that is stripped down!

This bike rides different completely from my old Kawasaki softtail chopperI had. Would love to have a Mean Streak for a 2nd scooter someday....but will always have my "bobbed Duo-Glide"

P.S. Notice picture below....23" Memphis Shades Windscreen!!!!!!!!! Still get ALOT of air! With the Aero Vest and this screen, I can ride all day, and not have back fatigue, but each his own...you go your way I go mine, and we can still ride together!

Joe
[&:]

Old 04-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Jake88
Tourer

I am 29 years old and I keep the windshield on all the time. I rode for 11 years without one.(1st vehicle at 16 was a Yamaha TW200) Anyway, I will never ever go back to no windshield. The "I dont think it looks cool" is not a good enough excuse for me. You are able to enjoy the sights, sounds, and motor so much more because you are relaxed. I had ridden many miles, but I had never ridden "quality miles" until I got a windshield!

Quick Reply: Windsheild yes/no