Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, no problems
58.37%
Yes, problems- please explain
8.57%
No, want one
10.20%
No, why not?
22.86%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Windsheild yes/no

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Windsheild yes/no

ORIGINAL: SKT

Not no

Not heck no

But, F@*k no...

To me it defeats the purpose of riding a motorcycle. If I want the windless feeling I will take the truck.
I agree

Old 01-23-2007, 06:35 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't believe how many people are concerned about image. Hell yeah I have a windshield, try to put 10,000 plus miles on in a year (March to Nov.)in Minnesota without one, 15 degrees, 36 with rain, all the sand and rocks on the road, plus after the first 5000 bugs the novelty wears off in April.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:27 PM
CHEESE
Road Warrior

I had a windvest on my bob for a SHORT while, it felt as rediculous as it looked. It just didn't block any wind, and actually made the wind feel different. I didn't like it.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:59 AM
jca_54
Tourer

Been ridin' for over 30 years. Trust me, the wind / buffeting is coming from underneath the windshield.

Old 01-24-2007, 02:53 AM
Matrix
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, harley Davidson quick detatchable on my 2006 Dyna Steet Bob.

I like to ride without it in the summer but this time of year it stays on.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:54 AM
double_d90
Advanced

Rode a Sporty for a week with a windshield while my Bob was in for some accessorizing and hated the turbulence... It seemed like I got beat more with a windshield then without, but on the other hand I ate less bugs riding home from work by the lake!

Old 01-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Gray
Novice

For anything over 45 MPH I prefer a windshield - especially if you wear a half skid lid or your eyes tend to water. There is a ton of wind blowing past you on this bike and I'd imagine it would be even worse if I kept the stock mini-ape bars. I have the Street Slammers and really like them, plus they create a great profile for the Bob. No windshield and hang-on to those bars while you hold yourself up. Haha. On the downside, the windshield looks especially stupid on the Bob so I only use it when necessary. I have the HD touring quick release and it's very easy on and off but doesn't really direct the flow appropriately or fit well. Plus it doesn't mount flush onto the bike so there is lot's of dead space and/or not covered space. If I were to use it more I may end up taking it to a glass/lexan cutting place and have some mod's done.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:41 PM
speed8988
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: thebestofindica

Windshield are the opposite of kick-a$$.
My thoughts exactly

Old 01-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Gqchris
Cruiser

Windshield? Ahhh no. Why? Because it looks like crap!Some of theguys that swear by the windshields are bashing everyone for trying to maintain an "IMAGE". Well heck, isnt that what we all are doing in some shape?I care what my car looks like, I care what my house looks like, I care what I look like and I especially care what my bike looks like! Im not sticking a4 foot piece of plexiglass on it nor a 5 foot Back Rest purely for comfort! It doesnt go with the bike. ON the same token, Im not bashing anyone I see with it. Glad you are riding brotha! But lets notact like just because someone cares what thier bike looks like that they are a "POSER"In 30 years when I buy a dresser, then I will aim for comfort.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:56 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

To each his own. Shields, imho, are functional and don't improve a bikes looks necessarily. I like mine without, lookswise, better than with. I also hate feeling like a wind sock with the wind beating on me on a long trip. So ya do whatever trips your trigger.....

Quick Reply: Windsheild yes/no