Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, no problems
58.37%
Yes, problems- please explain
8.57%
No, want one
10.20%
No, why not?
22.86%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Windsheild yes/no

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 07:04 AM
Timmer
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Windsheild yes/no

ORIGINAL: SKT

Not no

Not heck no

But, F@*k no...

To me it defeats the purpose of riding a motorcycle. If I want the windless feeling I will take the truck.

Just finished a frame-off on a 76' CJ5 and it will NEVER see a top on it, ever!
Amen to that SKT!!!!! Exactly what he said. Tim

Old 01-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's a windshield?

Old 01-22-2007, 12:06 PM
gliderider
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dexo54

Never had one until I bought my '01 FXDXT. It came with a funky little fairing and adjustibale windshield. Works great! Looks kinda' funny. I've had the bike over 5 yrs and I can adjust it back for more "wind in the face" or forward to block bugs/debris. I will always have a shield on my bikes from now on.
Same here. I think the "looks kinda funny" part is the reason for low sales and eventual discontinuance of the T-sport. Didn't "look like a Harley."

I thought the same thing when I first saw mine, but I sure love it now!

Old 01-22-2007, 02:38 PM
tb2377
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one, Its not usually on but in the cold and long trips down the highway for a few hours and its nice. I'm 5"6' and with the arms up so high i become a paraschutte, I'm ok with that for a little while but If I'm going to be cruisin down the parkway for a couple hours its going on, HD quick detach is nice because it leaves no hardwear behind. I hate the way it looks but i like the way it functions, and when i get to my destination i can take it off. I'm 29, will be 30 in march. if the shield makes me old then hand me a cane.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:57 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes; I run a compact shield on my 02 wide glide and would no longer wish to ride without it. As we get older (59 today) we no longer care so much about what others may think. Maturity comes in many forms and one is that riding with the shield makes the riding experience much more pleasant and allows the 300+ mile days without feeling beat to hell. I do wear my "AeroVest" to complete thewind abatement problemand I no longer need wrap around glasses or goggles, just my normal prescription glasses. My beard and mustache no longer blow up my nose and my ears aren't ringing from the windblast. At the end of the day, I'm tired but not wasted. More and more folks are finding the comfort of riding behind a shield, both to protect you from bugs but also to take the windblast off ones chest. With 71000 on my scoot, I like to be functional after the ride, just my.02 --jack

Old 01-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Bobber Jay
Tourer

Nope , windshieds kill the character of any bike !!!
Buy a full face helmet instead imo.

-=BJ=-

Old 01-22-2007, 08:19 PM
jeanders11
Novice

I like mine....it's detachable, the ride is better. There's plenty of wind to be had and the air dymanics are good....

Old 01-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Asuperglide
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Got one and use it. Its a HD factory piece that's not "quick disconnect" but mounts/dismounts in 5 minutes.

Can't beat it when you need it:
- I wear scrip's and it allows me to wear the "right" glasses. I'm 100% blind in (1) eye I need all the help I can get from the other.
- No wind/ear noise to deal with with the shield.
- Great when the temp is low.
** Tricky with FOG.....

PS. Will never wear a full face (water bucket) helmet ever.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Asuperglide
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like that clear thing just in front of that steering wheel......

Old 01-22-2007, 10:20 PM
BLKCHRYBOB06
6th Gear

I assume that most of the No's in this post have never rode 2500 miles in 3 or 4 days. I Rode from Washington DC to Phoenix in 4 days. My A$$ hurt bad from the badlander seat, but My face and body didn't even know the difference because of the windshield. I agree that riding with a windshield can be a bumber, so thats why I got the quick detachable windshield.

I put 12k on my bike last year. I would say that 10k of them were with the shield. I take it off on good days and leave it on when I have to go 45 miles each way to work.

No weekend worier here.

My question is if your only going to get on the bike on sunday then why buy one. I'm like the post man. Rain or shine. Wind, Hail, Snow, anything but Ice. Ive ridden in sub zero temps, and spent a goodportion of the last year riding in below freezing temps in D.C..

Get a quick detachable windshield. Hell it comes off in 2 seconds.

[IMG]local://upfiles/23011/497E26F8433445E89ADC082230D632D0.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Windsheild yes/no