Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, no problems
58.37%
Yes, problems- please explain
8.57%
No, want one
10.20%
No, why not?
22.86%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Windsheild yes/no

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Cool Breeze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Windsheild yes/no

Never had one until I bought my '01 FXDXT. It came with a funky little fairing and adjustibale windshield. Works great! Looks kinda' funny. I've had the bike over 5 yrs and I can adjust it back for more "wind in the face" or forward to block bugs/debris. I will always have a shield on my bikes from now on.

Old 11-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Quick detach - on or off in a matter of a minute.

Sammi

Old 11-13-2006, 04:37 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 574 Likes on 345 Posts

Meow.......................x2. Works well in cold weather.

ORIGINAL: ktm_scott

Yes and HELL yes! If riding 80mph in 40-degree temps with a windshield makes me a *****, then MEOW! I didn't buy my bike to be concerned with how other people see me on it. If I rode weekends on local roads only and in consistently warm weather, then maybe. Ride 40 miles each way year round rain or shine and a windshield just makes sense.

Old 11-13-2006, 04:57 PM
stubby
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put a low profile on and like it. Has't affected visual and does keep bugs off. Because of the design of any windshield, extra buffeting around head. Can ride on highway at nice speed in relative comfort.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:14 PM
05RdKing
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my RoadKing has both the regular height ws that came with it, and I bought the HD blacked-out wind deflector that only blocks air hitting on the chest - I ride with none or the low black deflector most of the summer, but the taller factory ws always goes on in the winter - I ride all year round, unless it's snowing (although I have been caught in the snow a few times) and it's funny, but for some odd reason, I'm usually the only person out there - I can't remember ever seeing anybody else out on their bike when the temperature is at 5 degrees or so, or even when it's a heat wave at 20 degrees.
A friend of mine, who rides with me, said his wife, who hears me go out every day, told him I love my bike, where he just rides his - never heard it put like that, but it sounds about right ......
My '07 Wide Glide has a ws also, but pretty much only used in the winter, or long rides - I'm not much on the way it looks, but it helps me ride all year, so I'll take it!! I go into a deep depression when more than a day or 2 passes and I haven't been out for a ride [sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 11-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Sandhog
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I have been riding since I was 17 and Im 45 now.I will not ride with a windshield.I will get on the bike and ride hundreds of mles with my friends on Sundays and ride every chance I get.
Its not a look cool go fast deal here,I have plenty of cars if I want that.If I choose to go cross country,Ill follow someone in a truck if needed.
If I get to where I dont want to fight the wind ,bugs and rocks,Ill hang up my leathers and drive my SS..Youll see both harleys for sale.

Old 11-13-2006, 08:31 PM
Rick The Hawaiian
Advanced

If anyone interested, I have a windshiled for sale.

https://www.hdforums.com/forumid_292/tt.htm

Thanks.

Rick

Old 11-13-2006, 08:49 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

YES YES YES YES!!!

Old 01-21-2007, 08:58 PM
vicsponjr
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts

Yes. I like riding for as many months as I can. Once the temp drops below 45, the widshield buys you another month or so. Just installed a 19" Memphis Shades Clear Fats, quick release. For me, I love the looks of my Bobber, but I'm not sacrificing comfort, or that day when it "might get chilly tonight on the way back". I hate the cold. I hate the cold. I hate the cold. But I love riding

Old 01-22-2007, 03:23 AM
blackfinbob
Road Master

I have a black tinted windvest. I only use it when it is really cold out or long trips(several days on the highway)
jdog

Quick Reply: Windsheild yes/no