Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, no problems
58.37%
Yes, problems- please explain
8.57%
No, want one
10.20%
No, why not?
22.86%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Windsheild yes/no

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 10:18 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Windsheild yes/no

This is my 68th toy and I now have a shield and wonder why I wasn't smart enough to get one earlier in life (60 now). With the shield and my AeroVest I can smoke a cigarette at 75 on the freeway and I also no longer have jiggly glasses or watery eyes and can wear just my regular glasses without goggles and hear my wife when she talks to me although I don't know if that is really a positive or not, but anyway, I now ride always with a shield and AeroVest------jack

Old 04-06-2007, 02:33 AM
buckweet
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uhmmm ??? i own a 'GOLDWING' also....
love the windshield.... wouldnt leave home without it...

me 'weet'

Old 04-06-2007, 04:05 AM
timdow
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To each his own. If I am going to travelling over 55 for more than 1/2 hour, I have it on. My commute to work is 45 miles, so it most alwyas stays on.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:45 AM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ktm_scott

ORIGINAL: SPECIAL ED
If you're not concerned with how it looks why would you buy a Harley in the first place?
Because I'm a rider, not a poser. [:@]
way to go Scott!!

I use mine when on the road, around town usually leave it off. Not because I care about how it looks, but just enjoy the wind in my face. when on the road, different scenario. bugs, rocks and the high wind make for an uncomfortable ride, so always use one then.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12616/08E162973BF144DF8935F2B1F34EB795.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Biggol
Road Warrior

Bought mine with the quick release installed. Took it off for a couple of quick town trips. Put it back on and only take it off to clean it. The windbuffeting drives me nuts, but it sure does keep the rocks/asphalt/standard insects/Florida lovebug nests/cig butts and anything else off of my face and most of the time my goggles. Too much construction and beach sand here to go w/o it.

Same with the saddlebags. They stay. Does it look the best? Not to some (heck, not really to me ) but function over style on me Harley. They're even rubbing against my paint and chrome. End of the world? Nope. I have a place to stick a wallet, keys, tool kit, air pump, extra jacket, extra gloves,rainsuit, etc. My bike was made for riding. Eventually when I can afford a bagger I'll get one and strip my WG down for commuting. Then I'll have the best of both worlds.

Before someone starts that whole "there's 100 more functional bikes on themarket, yadda yadda". Maybe, but NONE of them feel and character of my bike. To each his/her own. Life is too short to worry about what other riders think.

Biggol - the functionally-unstylish WideGlide rider and comfortably cruising around country roads near you.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Ratbasturd
Road Master

No, and I will not have a windshield. I changed the bars and lowered my arms so I am less of a sheet in the wind, I also like the way my face ripples at 90mph.

I ride every day, bike is sole transportation call, doin 750 miles next Sat. no mater the weather.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:00 PM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 203 Posts

I get a little buffeting though. Not really bad and goes unoticed that is until you hit the freeway.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Biggol
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Ratbasturd

No, and I will not have a windshield. I changed the bars and lowered my arms so I am less of a sheet in the wind, I also like the way my face ripples at 90mph.

I ride every day bike is sole transportation call, doin 750 miles next Sat. no mater the weather.
You know what? Maybe I need to try that. Probably not fair for me to compare the 2 if I haven't gone 85 w/o a windshield to know what I prefer. I think I'll give it a run this evening.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:53 PM
pauletich
Road Master

Yes I use a windsheild on very long rides, two or more days on highway. If its day runs, its open air.

Old 04-07-2007, 08:22 PM
05fxdi
Advanced

i have a small windshield from national cycle, i use it on trips and in cold weather, i could give a **** about what anybody else thinks...

Quick Reply: Windsheild yes/no