Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Love Riding to Work! (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011 | 04:21 PM
BullK9
Cruiser

I love wearing jeans into my office... a place full of suits...

Old 08-02-2011 | 04:29 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

CJ

You flippin us off or what???

Old 08-03-2011 | 01:03 PM
CB1
Tourer

CJ I see you have the mids foot pegs on your bike. I'm eventually going to put forwards with the same ISO mini boards you have on my Dyna SG. How often on a ride do you end up using the mids to change up the riding position? Was considering leaving my mids on as well.

Power genration for the rigs? Diesel generators and electrical conrtrols/switch gear? Just curious, i work on diesel generators in the Air Force.

Old 08-03-2011 | 01:31 PM
cjlandry
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by CB1
CJ I see you have the mids foot pegs on your bike. I'm eventually going to put forwards with the same ISO mini boards you have on my Dyna SG. How often on a ride do you end up using the mids to change up the riding position? Was considering leaving my mids on as well.

Power genration for the rigs? Diesel generators and electrical conrtrols/switch gear? Just curious, i work on diesel generators in the Air Force.
Honestly, I haven't been using the mids much at all since I put the Iso-wings on there. In fact, I took the mids off when I installed the exhaust. Intention is to black out the chrome brackets, but I'm in no hurry at the moment. I only use them on long rides, and not so much then anymore. Those Iso-wings are brilliant!

Diesel generator controls and switchgear. MCC's, VFD's, SCR's, PLC's, networking systems, touch-screen controls, sensors, etc. If electrical current flows through it on a rig, I am in charge of making it work and keeping it working.

Fiber-optics, Profibus, Ethernet, Mod-bus, toolbus, analog and digital inputs and outputs. Pretty much everything. We're bringing 21st century technology to the drilling industry, which is always behind the curve in technology.

We've even recently introduced wireless networking to rig control systems. Actual controls are still "hard wired", but we're able to log into everything wirelessly and remotely. Our engineers are finally able to troubleshoot and/or load software anywhere on the planet from Houston. We can even remotely monitor the entire system in real time, or through data logs. Helps tremendously with keeping things running smoothly, rather than having to fly me (or others like me) all over the planet for minor events.

Old 08-03-2011 | 02:37 PM
b1u
Advanced

Great looking ride! I ride to work everyday rain or shine. Minus the days that are in the 30's during the winter. My commute is 50 miles one way. If i'm feeling it, I have some awesome back roads I can take to really enjoy myself

Old 08-03-2011 | 02:49 PM
CB1
Tourer

Originally Posted by cjlandry
Diesel generator controls and switchgear. MCC's, VFD's, SCR's, PLC's, networking systems, touch-screen controls, sensors, etc. If electrical current flows through it on a rig, I am in charge of making it work and keeping it working.

Fiber-optics, Profibus, Ethernet, Mod-bus, toolbus, analog and digital inputs and outputs. Pretty much everything. We're bringing 21st century technology to the drilling industry, which is always behind the curve in technology.

We've even recently introduced wireless networking to rig control systems. Actual controls are still "hard wired", but we're able to log into everything wirelessly and remotely. Our engineers are finally able to troubleshoot and/or load software anywhere on the planet from Houston. We can even remotely monitor the entire system in real time, or through data logs. Helps tremendously with keeping things running smoothly, rather than having to fly me (or others like me) all over the planet for minor events.
That's pretty cool stuff. Nothing I have worked on is near that advanced. Mostly typical Onan and Cat set ups with transfer panels and Military Design MEP generators. I've seen some commercial set ups that are pretty high tech as far as sensors for emergency power. I got to go into the control room for a power plant out near Waco and that was some pretty neat stuff. All computerized, made my head hurt just looking at it. LOL!

Old 08-03-2011 | 04:02 PM
Punchsmack
Road Captain

I'm jealous. I live 1 mile from work. It's faster to walk to work than ride, find and then pay for parking. I've done it a few times when a section of the loop was free parking....but scooters and cars would park way too close.

Nice scoot by the way.

Old 08-03-2011 | 04:42 PM
WIDERGLIDER
Tourer

I gots to get me one of those detach sissys

Old 08-04-2011 | 07:48 AM
bsljacques
Tourer

I ride to work most of the time (9.8 miles one way)...take back roads instead of highway.....funny...back roads are faster too! This morning was not to bad...82*...but this afternoon they are calling for 112*! Think I will ride home for lunch and get the car for this afternoon. Nice part is.....I have covered parking (reserved spot for Motorcycles) and never have to worry about parking or anyone getting to close to my ride!

Old 08-04-2011 | 08:42 AM
jetboy
Novice

I ride to work 3-4 days a week; second shift so the nut cases are already at work. The best time of my day. 100 bucks a week in the suburban or or 14 bucks a week in the bike...

Quick Reply: I Love Riding to Work! (pics)