Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Love Riding to Work! (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011 | 11:36 PM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior

Very cool pics! I love a ride to work to. It puts me into a good mood before a long day!

Old 08-01-2011 | 02:42 AM
carltex
Road Warrior

I like to ride to work too (work nights) but tonight north of Dallas it was still 95 deg at 10:30. Maybe tomorrow.

Old 08-01-2011 | 04:51 AM
darkcvc
Tourer

Nice Ride!!!

I get to ride to work every day. 12 miles round trip, love every minute. Work in an office that is casual enough I can wear jeans every day.

Old 08-01-2011 | 05:52 AM
stilup
Road Warrior

Riding to work on the bike is tops, I have been riding everyday rain or shine.
Today has thunderstorms but it's nice still so I should beat it.
I have learned to carry the right stuff for the rain.
I also ride in the winter even if it's 10 degrees. I do not ride on icy roads though.
You can pick and choose in the winter the days to ride but I never put my bike away.
The guys at work have a bet with me that I coudn't ride in 7 months of the year.
Nov 1 st will be seven months. So far I have averted a tornado and some wild thunderstorms. I cross the river and that is the worst spot.
Glad to see others get out and ride to work.
The savings in gas over driving my Expedition pays for the bike.

Old 08-01-2011 | 09:16 AM
t3h_clap
Cruiser

The hardest part is actually going to work, numerous times I've had to stop myself from jumping on I-4 and just heading east out of town. haha.

Being in FL winter riding is the best but it still can dip below 35 in Jan/Feb. I'm not sure I have the gear for sub 30 degree winter riding. damn that's cold.

Old 08-01-2011 | 09:51 AM
cjlandry
|
Road Master

This morning was interesting. First, I got pulled over by a Texas DPS Trooper for excessive speed. Showed him my license and CHL, and he asked if I was carrying. Ran my DL and gave me a warning slip. If you get pulled over by DPS in Texas, be friendly and polite. Those guys are really looking out for safety, not looking to make money on tickets.

Then, after I arrived at work, I noticed that my helmet was no longer strapped to the back. I went back and found it on the side of the road. Now it has character marks from bouncing off the highway a couple of times. It's just my "hopping around town" helmet, but I think it looks cool.

Now I'm back to tweaking on this rig's control systems to try and make it as reliable as possible.

Originally Posted by stilup
Riding to work on the bike is tops, I have been riding everyday rain or shine.
Today has thunderstorms but it's nice still so I should beat it.
I have learned to carry the right stuff for the rain.
I also ride in the winter even if it's 10 degrees. I do not ride on icy roads though.
You can pick and choose in the winter the days to ride but I never put my bike away.
The guys at work have a bet with me that I coudn't ride in 7 months of the year.
Nov 1 st will be seven months. So far I have averted a tornado and some wild thunderstorms. I cross the river and that is the worst spot.
Glad to see others get out and ride to work.
The savings in gas over driving my Expedition pays for the bike.
My rule has always been that it's not too cold to ride unless there is ice on the roads. With the right clothes, the temperature is a non-issue. This actually costs me a few dollars more over driving to work, because I would otherwise drive to work in a fleet pickup with all costs covered.

Somehow, though, a gallon of gasoline a day is well worth it. I went several years without my knees in the breeze, and I gotta make up for lost time where I find the opportunity.

Old 08-01-2011 | 09:54 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member

That's a big *** sliding board. good looking bike BTW

Old 08-01-2011 | 09:59 AM
cjlandry
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by back again
That's a big *** sliding board. good looking bike BTW
Thanks.

Board's pretty much standard sized for 30' joints of drill pipe, etc. This rig only has a 1000 Horsepower drawworks with a single 1100 HP AC motor (VFD). I've built rigs with 3000 HP drawworks, three 1600 HP mud pumps, plus a top drive and rotary table.

Setting up controls for these drilling rigs is pretty fun. If it has current flowing through it, it's "mine".

Old 08-01-2011 | 10:21 AM
Buckinfitch
Supporter

riding in on the scoot sure makes the day go by better... 26 miles to/fro unless I take the long way home

CJ, can you install one of them thar' rigs in my back yard?

Old 08-01-2011 | 10:27 AM
cjlandry
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Buckinfitch
riding in on the scoot sure makes the day go by better... 26 miles to/fro unless I take the long way home

CJ, can you install one of them thar' rigs in my back yard?
I reckon I can. If you got the money, I got the time.

Quick Reply: I Love Riding to Work! (pics)