Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UpGrade Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 05:46 AM
JerryDinMD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UpGrade Questions

ok-i know this has been asked before but i can't find what i want on here- what exactly is the AC upgrade? Just a more open air cleaner? And what about a 'jet pack'-what does that do exactly? And will I need to have the motor adjusted after either is done?--Thanks

2011 Superglide

Old 07-31-2011, 07:28 AM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Do some searching for 'stage1' upgrades.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:45 AM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would suggest you start out by introducing yourself, what kind of bike you have, what you want out of it, what kind of money you want to spend on it, ect. Sounds like its your first bike, which is great. There is a lot of great people and info here.
Welcome to the forum

Old 07-31-2011, 02:28 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,034 Likes on 773 Posts

That has to be one of the most discussed topics here. Sometimes I've found better links searching Stage 1 on Google than the search function here. The A/C upgrade is a more free-breathing unit (and there a lots of them on the market), usually paired with an aftermarket exhaust system or slip ons. And to get the most out of those some type of fuel management device is needed.
Depends what you're looking for. You can get more sound with just some slip ons that start around $150. If you want to unleash a few more horses a full Stage 1 can run around $1000, even more if you have a dealer do it.
So, welcome to the forum and we'll be happy to give you as much info as we can.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:31 AM
JerryDinMD
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rooti
I would suggest you start out by introducing yourself, what kind of bike you have, what you want out of it, what kind of money you want to spend on it, ect. Sounds like its your first bike, which is great. There is a lot of great people and info here.
Welcome to the forum

Actually this my third bike-second Harley-I mentioned in the first post I had an '11 Superglide Custom-I did an AC and slip on mod. on my last Harley-a 1200 Sportster and didnt need any fuel adjustment and simply was asking a few basic questions regarding the upgrade. I'm looking for as much power as I can get without taking out a second mortgage--I think I'll just go with an AC upgrade only. Already got Cycle Shack slip ons, but not REAL satisfied with the sound-they sounded great on the Sportster I had-but at certain speeds they have a 'cheap' sound. Might change over to Vance & Hines -heard alot of positive input on them

Old 08-01-2011, 04:35 AM
JerryDinMD
Cruiser

Originally Posted by nevil
That has to be one of the most discussed topics here. Sometimes I've found better links searching Stage 1 on Google than the search function here. The A/C upgrade is a more free-breathing unit (and there a lots of them on the market), usually paired with an aftermarket exhaust system or slip ons. And to get the most out of those some type of fuel management device is needed.
Depends what you're looking for. You can get more sound with just some slip ons that start around $150. If you want to unleash a few more horses a full Stage 1 can run around $1000, even more if you have a dealer do it.
So, welcome to the forum and we'll be happy to give you as much info as we can.

Thanks for the info-i did a search on stage 1 and got a few hits

Old 08-01-2011, 04:42 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

Hey Jerry,

If you are just going to do a free flow A/C and the slip ons I would suggest looking into Xeid's. When I bought my 2011 dyna superglide the dealer put the rush slip ons with the 2.25 baffle. Wow was I surprised, sounded just like full exhaust headers. My biggest complaint was the bike is so lean from the factory to comply with the EPA requirements that it was running really, really hot. I didn't have $850 to buy a tuner, A/C, ect. I searched for weeks and found a site called nightrider.com. I found more info on their two sites then I found any place else. I even talked to the owner and he recommended the XEID's for what I wanted to accomplish.

They were $104.00 delivered to my door, took less then 15 minutes to install. (10 of the minutes is taking the seat on and off, hardest part of the install)

Took it out for a ride afterwards and I would say it's running a good 30 degrees cooler with a lot more throttle response. What it does is takes your A/F ratio from 14.7 - 13.8. It is by far the biggest bang for your buck on the market. If you plan on making it the fastest dyna out there, then don't buy them and get a quality tuner instead.

I highly reccomend this product if you want to keep it simple. If nothing else check out the website and either e-mail the owner or call him. He is very knowledgeable.

Know how about a pic of that new bike?

Old 08-02-2011, 03:07 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

I think on those cycle shacks you can exchange the baffle for a monster baffle and maybe get some better sound out of it rather then buying all new slip ons

Old 08-03-2011, 05:42 AM
JerryDinMD
Cruiser

thanks for the help-i'll check that site out for sure-i'll get a picture or two on here as soon as i get the new ones downloaded-ive put a few extras on since i bought it

Old 08-03-2011, 05:54 AM
JerryDinMD
Cruiser

where can i get the monster baffles at? I'd like to try that before spending more on another set of slip ons. The cycle shacks sound good on full throttle-but at a constant speed-40-60mph they sound ' tinny ' or cheap-I had cycle shacks on an '02 Sportster-1200 and they sounded great-that's why i went with them on this bike.

Quick Reply: UpGrade Questions