Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New REAR fender on a Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 06:46 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

04 and 05 frames are the same for the most part, except the Low Rider and Wide Glide neck angle. You should not have any problem bolting them right up. That said, the LR did not come with factory forward controls, they had additional highway pegs with mid controls, so hard to say for certain not knowing the brand of the controls.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:21 PM
dynabobster
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by p51bombay
Well, I just got my 2012 parts book and it seems there had been some misinformation out there - some of it straight from HD or so it seems. First off, all Dyna models (except the FB and WG) including the switchback have the same part number for the frame so clearly the struts are the same and either the 12 models have an increased steering head angle or the switchback literature is wrong. I also measured one in the shop with my brake drum gauge and it comes out at 7-15/16" and looking at the book the only reason for this I can see is the support brackets for the rear fender which tie into the rear bag mount. I think it could be widened and made to fit other models but it might be tough to keep the supports for the bag mount if you have a wide tire under there.
Could you post up the P/Ns for a fender swap, bags and the foot controls or scan the pages?

Old 11-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Pincenzo
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noob here boys, I am getting a 2011 Fat Bob in the next couple of weeks so I can start riding with my pops since he retired... I really like the look of the forty-eight (big fan of the old PanHeads), but being 6', my Dad and everyone else telling me bike is too small, I really like the Fat Bob, but not a huge fan of the rear fender. I have read that the 2010 Wide Glide fender is an easy swap, but I am wondering if the Super Glide would be an easy swap as well...I plan on putting a spring solo saddle on it as well for the Bobber look that I dig. Any information on this would be great...I will want to lower the back and front as well. some sick bikes on this thread, nice work!