Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switchback bags on another Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Ovaltine Jenkins
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Switchback bags on another Dyna?

Anyone know what mounting hardware may or may not be necessary? Or if it's even possible without fabbing up some stuff?

I have the H-D leather-covered hardbags for my FXDWG, but the leather sucks and they leak in the rain. Plus they don't detach quickly. The bags on the Switchback, on the other hand, are exactly what I want.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:51 AM
darkcvc
Tourer

I am pretty sure a ton of people are interested and asking about this, but I don't think they are available yet through Harley.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:05 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

those bags are basicly FLH bags with side flip lids...
i made a set work for my dyna using qd brackets. then welded up the removeable latch in the front and put a hinge so they swing open rather than the top removing
also cut a piece of metal for the inside to spread the weight out and rivited that to the bags side on the inside... then bolted the brackets to it... made some fender fills as well to have them look cleaner... soon ill line the inside with fur... you can do this much cheaper than i am sure they will sell those for... just an idea for ya

body work

painted

Old 07-26-2011, 12:16 PM
pete62conv
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are hard bags on their website for Dynas but the exclude 10/11/12 DWG??? They are a little rounder and are $1500 painted. Not sure what won't rowk on thw DWG but I bet you can make em work.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

get a pair of hardstreet, mine are the slim bags.
Less than $400 includes mounting hardware.....

Old 07-26-2011, 09:33 PM
ken b
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are going to have to order all the parts from the Dealer and build your own kit. The key is that on the FLD there is a lower mount point that secures the bags to the rear fender. This will be the big issue for anyone that wants to add these to their bike. The upper mount is right at the same place as the normal leather bags. Also remember that on the WG, you have to relocate the turnsignal lights and plate.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:38 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Depending on how flat the bags are a set of aftermarket mounting brackets like the easy brackets should work without the FLD fender. Hardstreet bags will still be WAY cheaper.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:26 AM
ken b
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, those hardstreetbags...... well I don't like their look. I have looked at the FLD bags and do prefer the look they have. The main difference between them and the Standard FLH bags are that the FLD are narrower, keeps the back of the bike from looking so FAT.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Ovaltine Jenkins
Tourer

Just looked at the hardstreet bags. They appear to have the same kind of seal and shape as the leather-covered hard bags already on my bike, which don't work worth a damn to keep water out.

No, I'd rather have bags that do their job. The switchback bags might be the ticket.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:44 PM
atlantaallen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ovaltine Jenkins
Just looked at the hardstreet bags. They appear to have the same kind of seal and shape as the leather-covered hard bags already on my bike, which don't work worth a damn to keep water out.

No, I'd rather have bags that do their job. The switchback bags might be the ticket.
Don't think they'll work without the low mounting point. You can do it if you want to put on a new rear fender. Other wise I think you might be outta luck based on my visit to the dealer.

Quick Reply: Switchback bags on another Dyna?