Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road glide fairing on a fat bob?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 09:08 AM
BlackhawkDriver
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Road glide fairing on a fat bob?

Alright guys so don't don't flame me too bad yet. I just took about a 350 mile ride on my fat bob and the wind was pretty killer. So i started thinking about getting a windshield but i'm not that fond of the chips style ones out there. So i started thinking a little more outside the box and found a bracket kit for this online. i just wanted to see what you guys thought would it it look bad or not any opinions are welcome.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Fixintu
Cruiser

I started with a WindVest on my 2010 Fat Bob, then moved on to the HD QD windshield. Still too much buffeting so I finally installed a Reckless Motorcycles batwing made for a Road King. All I had to do was cut about 3 inches off of the bottom of the stock brackets and painted the fairing. For $350 + shipping you get a great fiberglass fairing (Non audio version, no cutouts for speakers, etc.) that is primed and includes the brackets. You can get the audio version for more of course if you want to install tunes. The fairing made a HUGE difference. Several others on here have gone the Dyna batwing route. Do a search.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...bob-lives.html

Old 07-25-2011, 09:38 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd like to see a Dyna with the RG fairing.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:08 AM
STREETWALKER
Cruiser

Is it a bracket for the actual hd batwing or did you find one of the aftemarket type? The RG fairing is mounted to the frame rather than the forks I believe. The chips type works great for me but i have to admit that it is not the look that I prefer. You will find many of the aftermarket batwing on dyna here. They look good imo. If they want to flame you for not wanting to eat road debris and bugs at 70+ mph then let them.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:38 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts
Old 07-25-2011, 12:49 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Bikerlaw beat me to the link, but I post a pic of the setup on a Dyna from the site. If it wasn't for the fact that I don't like the fixed fairing look, I would do this to my bike.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:03 PM
ste
Novice

Originally Posted by Fixintu
I started with a WindVest on my 2010 Fat Bob, then moved on to the HD QD windshield. Still too much buffeting so I finally installed a Reckless Motorcycles batwing made for a Road King. ...
I had the same issue after having installed the HD windshield... until I figured out that buffeting was mostly caused by my helmet. After I changed it for a differently shaped one, buffeting mysteriously vanished.

Stefano.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Fixintu
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ste
I had the same issue after having installed the HD windshield... until I figured out that buffeting was mostly caused by my helmet. After I changed it for a differently shaped one, buffeting mysteriously vanished.

Stefano.
Yeah, I tried 3 different half helmets but the air rolling around the top and sides of the QD shield was just too much.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:37 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

nice part with fix mount is no buffering!

Old 07-25-2011, 01:57 PM
jordanball33
Road Master

im gonna say go for it. i would like to see it

Quick Reply: Road glide fairing on a fat bob?