Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me so I don't end up on the dark side!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Camo
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me so I don't end up on the dark side!!!

I always wanted a Harley Soft Tail or Dyna....For many years. Well the time has come to go for it....So I visited a few dealers, and had my wife along...She said the bikes look too small for me, so I had her start taking pics of me on a few bikes....They do look too small.....Even a Roadglide that was just for comparison....Now the salesman says different seats and bars, forward control extensions can fix it, but I am skeptical. I found a Honda Fury the fits me a lot better, and it looks great.....BUT it's a Honda. Give me honest input of what I need to do, or if it is a lost cause.....Thanks in advance!

Attached Thumbnails Help me so I don't end up on the dark side!!!-1a.jpg   Help me so I don't end up on the dark side!!!-2a.jpg   Help me so I don't end up on the dark side!!!-3a.jpg  
Old 07-24-2011, 01:53 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Think that they all fit you just fine. The Road Glide looks like a great fit but if your not into baggers then the WG looks perfect for you.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:56 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Camo
I always wanted a Harley Soft Tail or Dyna....For many years. Well the time has come to go for it....So I visited a few dealers, and had my wife along...She said the bikes look too small for me, so I had her start taking pics of me on a few bikes....They do look too small.....Even a Roadglide that was just for comparison....Now the salesman says different seats and bars, forward control extensions can fix it, but I am skeptical. I found a Honda Fury the fits me a lot better, and it looks great.....BUT it's a Honda. Give me honest input of what I need to do, or if it is a lost cause.....Thanks in advance!
Go for what is comfortable and test ride!

You can do a test fit here: http://cycle-ergo.com/

Old 07-24-2011, 02:00 PM
mickey01
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To me, the wide glide looks to small for you.. The Road Glide looks like a better fit IMO..

Old 07-24-2011, 02:10 PM
cknight98
Cruiser

i think you look right at home on either the WG or the RG. i can forsee a Road Glide in my future...i love those bikes

Old 07-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Steel Steed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm as big as you and ride a wide glide.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:22 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The WG is fine for you.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:23 PM
panelbeater
Cruiser

With a seat that puts you back and down into the bike youll look fine. Then for comfort add bars and 3 inch extended controls. Im 6'5 250lbs with the above mods on my wide glide.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:27 PM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you try a street glide? Road glides are ugly IMHO. The front looks like something is missing. That WG does look small to me. Bars and forward control extensions with make it feel and look like a diff bike. I'm 6'4" 260 and with my WG I have 14" apes those feel perfect I will be getting extension too soon then it will be perfect. Good luck man! Honda makes solid stuff no doubt but I but I know what you mean!

Old 07-24-2011, 02:31 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not a pair of jeans and you can't see yourself while you're riding. What the hell do you care what you look like on the bike? Buy whatever is most comfortable.

Quick Reply: Help me so I don't end up on the dark side!!!