Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me so I don't end up on the dark side!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 06:42 PM
killerk95
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brother (semi big guy) had a Fatboy, my son now has a Fatboy Lo (He's 6' 2") and they were / are fine with their bikes. Bro actually now has an ElectraGlide Classic and is way more comfortable on it. Try a Fatboy, you'd look good on it! Basically just pick out a bike that you like and ride it for a day or so. (rental) Then you can be fairly sure if you are going to like it. Demo ride days coming up, also a good chance to try a bunch of different bikes. Lots of dealers now days have where you can test ride bikes other than just on demo days too. Good luck in your choice! Ride safe...

Old 07-24-2011, 07:24 PM
06HarleyStreetBobLoveWillieGSkulls's Avatar
06HarleyStreetBobLoveWillieGSkulls
Advanced
Default .

You may be taller than me, I'm only 5'10" but I'm ALOT BIGGER THAN YOU. I ride a 06' Street Bob and I have 18" ape hangers with foward controls and people say I look better on my Dyna than I did on my VTX 1300 ( which is a about same size as a Road King).

Look into apes ( whatever size ) and foward controls.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Whats wrong about the honda ? It look awesome. Buy what you like , if you want a harley buy one. 3 of these bike are great, go with youre budget !

Old 07-24-2011, 07:38 PM
RDFXDF
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Fury looks like it fits you better. The bike itself doesnt look as good as the others but just being honest.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Hunter1979
Advanced

A lot of dealerships rent bikes. rent one and ride for a few hours then take it back and get the other one you think you might like. Test riding is the only way to go. Also the dealer here will also applie some of your rental to your purchase. Get the one that feels the best when riding it and the style you like.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:57 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

To me the Honda Fury is a joke. I reminds me of one of those plastic choppers you buy for your kid at the roadside stand. I think that yellow Wide Glide is sweet looking. I saw one in person at a dealer and they had to wipe my drool off of it afterward.

That said, buy what YOU like, and what you think you'll be the most comfortable on.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:52 PM
32vld
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Motorcycles are not like clothes. Does a fat guy say I make a 1500 look small so I have to get a 2500 or 3500 dual rear wheel?

I think people use the I make the bike look small excuse to justify speending more money.

No need to justify, buy the bike you like.

It's not does this bike make my *** look fat.
It's am I comfortable on this bike.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:15 AM
Camo
Intermediate

First I got to thank everyone for chiming in....Very helpful in me sorting out my needs. A good friend brought his soft tail over for me to check out today, and to try to keep me on the H-D side. (See pic) His bike fits me great! And he mentioned about H-D holding resale value a lot better.

Now, I know a H-D in my future, now I only got one more dilemma, the Blackline I am wanting to test ride, is not a favorite of the wifey, as she got visions of a Street Glide or Road Glide for US...... We are both bigger people, and to be honest I see her point, but need some ride time to after my safety class to get comfortable before a passenger comes aboard anyway....But I feel the want to buy once and be done. But that is a lot of big to learn on.
If anyone replies....I'll be right back...Going to get another cold beer. LOL!

Attached Thumbnails Help me so I don't end up on the dark side!!!-100media36imag0047.jpg  
Old 07-25-2011, 12:32 AM
killerk95
Club Member

Well I'll tell you that I sure love my Street Glide!
The blackline bikes are nice, but I'm not sure if I like em or not.
Neat to look at but wouldn't really want one I guess is my opinion.
Either way, you'll be happy on a HD no matter which one you choose!
Good luck in your choices.

Kev

Old 07-25-2011, 12:33 AM
killerk95
Club Member

I would still recommend that you ride each model that you are interested in before laying down the big $$$$$ (or maybe a better way to put it, before shelling out the big $$$$$!)

You know, the Road Kings are awesome bikes too, have you looked at them? My 2003 RKC was a really sweet bike too.

Last edited by killerk95; 07-25-2011 at 12:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Help me so I don't end up on the dark side!!!