Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 07:29 PM
jharp
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Bob ??

I've got an 07 Street Bob and my wife wants to ride. I've already bought the passenger foot peg kit and foot pegs, I'm going to order the seat tomorrow when I get home from this business trip. My ?? is about the rear fender, is there already nut in the fender to bolt the seat down or do I need to get one. If I do need it does it mount from underneath, (such as remove the rear tire).

Any help from those that have done this would be great.

Jim

Old 11-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Cory
Tourer
Default RE: Street Bob ??

there is only one nut on the rear fender and it is being used by the solo seat.

there is a hole for a 2 up seat nut on the fender but you will need to either buy a 2nd nut or use the one that's there now.....depends on if you plan to swap it out much.

it does mount underneath the fender, but you dont have to take the rear tire off....here's a tip.

when removing the nut from the fender, just take off the retaining clip and let it drop, it will hit the floor.
then when trying to put it back up in thet other hole, thread a long zip tie through the nut, fish the end of the zip tie through the fender from underneath, then just pull the zip tie up until the nut is through the fender far enough to get the retaining clip on it and then you can push the zip tie back through the underside of the fender.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:23 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

what 2/up seat are you going to get ?

Old 11-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Alaska Bobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your bob has the prefered seating arrangment installed from the factory.....Lick 'em and Stick 'em.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:15 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

some seats come with a nut assembly

Old 11-09-2006, 09:20 PM
firefighter3666
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While the factory Street Bob does come with the "preferred" riding setup, there is a lot to be said for maintaing harmony in the household. Those wonderful hours of riding can be less stressful if she's not glaring at you when you start the bike.

Have fun with the install of the pasenger peg brackets. The right side was a piece of cake, but working around the belt cover on the other side was a bit of a pain in the ****.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Helix
Tourer

Hmm I thought that hole back there on my fender was to secure my Luggage rack down with

Old 11-09-2006, 10:28 PM
ladodgerdog
Tourer

I agree with Cory, but I used a shoe string. Slip one end of the shoe string down through the hole. Take the retaining clip off the nut. Pass the bottom end of the shoe string through the nut and tie a single knot below it. Now pull the shoe string from the top of your fender and bring that nut up it where it needs to be. Add retaining clip and now you are done.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:47 PM
jharp
Tourer

Thanks for all the tips. I leaning toward the Sundowner seat 51540-06. I do agree that the Street Bob came with the prefered seating. I don't think she's going to ride very much but she wants to have that option. I asked her a dozen times before I bought it, and she said I don't think I want to ride. If she would have said yes I want to ride I probably would have gotten a Wide Glide or Street Glide.

Jim

Old 11-10-2006, 01:07 AM
DougsDyna
Banned

ORIGINAL: jharp

Thanks for all the tips. I leaning toward the Sundowner seat 51540-06. I do agree that the Street Bob came with the prefered seating. I don't think she's going to ride very much but she wants to have that option. I asked her a dozen times before I bought it, and she said I don't think I want to ride. If she would have said yes I want to ride I probably would have gotten a Wide Glide or Street Glide.

Jim
Another good reason to live & ride alone........