Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Actual FLD Pics, see in thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 01:02 AM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 510 Likes on 354 Posts

It's been working for em for years (decades)
Look at the 1st FX. A Sportster front end on an Electra Glide with a funky
reversed shifter and makeshift rear brake. I still dunno where they pulled that boat tail rear fender from? Notice 72 FX's had the rr/fender they used (well are still using something similar)

If I could buy new, the FLD would be at the top of my list (pending test ride)

Originally Posted by Sonny's World
It's not terrible looking...but as I alluded to earlier in this thread, the MOCO seems to be between a rock and a hard place.

They seem to want to respond to the public's desire for new and different bikes, but are limited by the fickelness of the same public.

This bike is not ugly. It does however, seem to just be slapped together from the parts warehouse. No revolutionary design here. Throw the front end of "this bike" onto the frame of "that bike." Let's put the shocks from "this other bike" on there too. The MOCO certainly isn't really taking any chances with this thing.

Anything too radically different (VROD) becomes the "red-headed step-child" and is villified for not being "traditional" enough to be a "real" Harley.

All in all, I give it 3 stars out of 5 for "not being bad."

Old 09-02-2011, 01:07 AM
DTDK
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh and i am 6 foot, and did not really feel cramped on it. as for the bagger for small people thoughts, i like the idea of all removeable bags, loose the weight and the bulk for just going around town and short trips, if youre gonna be out on the road camping for 2 weeks, put the bags on and go. seems like a smart idea for folks who dont want to own 2 or more bikes.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:27 AM
MikeyFXD35
Cruiser

The dealers up here cant keep then in, the two coming in the next batch are sold. I asked him really whats the difference between that and my bike. His response was, floor boards and locking bags. Yes they have a touring headlight style and big fender but price comparison to one of the other touring bike....not big enough. I hear many talk about getting one of the big bikes, uumm I thought the Dyna was one of the big bikes. Not like we are comparing the Silverwing to the Goldwing same size motors just a different frame. They will sell good as there are many that prefer the Dyna over the softails. The are good enough for the Police.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:41 AM
Just Blaze
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really dig the wheels...if they came in a 180 rear and 21 front, I'd have to have a set!
It looks a lot like what I'm doing to my bike. I don't really like the Sportser-ish bags....
But over all, with its size and that engine, it'll make a pretty peppy tourer!

Old 09-02-2011, 03:52 PM
DTDK
Road Captain

does anyone know for sure one way or the other if the front end has the same specs as an FL or ST? as if it does the tripple trees may make for easy fat boy / RK front end conversions

Old 09-02-2011, 04:15 PM
jamman
Road Master

i like mine, its a blast to ride, first new bike i've bought that wasn't black, and sure am glad i'm not dealing with spokes, everywhere i go folks love it.. And So it will be changed to suit me, NOT YOU.. so while i'm still turning and burning while carrying my sandwhich, coat and a couple beers.. man that 103 has some thump, cant wait til i can let it breathe..go ahead and fuss and whine cuase they didn't make a bike you actually like..peace..

Old 09-02-2011, 06:23 PM
DTDK
Road Captain

jamman, could you measure your fork tubes and see if they are 49mm or 41 mm?

Thanks
Travis

Old 09-02-2011, 08:10 PM
jamman
Road Master

Originally Posted by DTDK
jamman, could you measure your fork tubes and see if they are 49mm or 41 mm?

Thanks
Travis
i"ll look at it tomorrow bub..

Old 09-02-2011, 08:51 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by DTDK
does anyone know for sure one way or the other if the front end has the same specs as an FL or ST? as if it does the tripple trees may make for easy fat boy / RK front end conversions
The front end is Dyna specific, the FL (guessing you are reffering to the touring line??) is way different and the Softail are usable but different still. The trees on the FLD use a 41mm tube and are a new item made for this bike.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:06 AM
DTDK
Road Captain

Ackman, I am basically wanting to do the same conversion you did, just thinking that the FLD trees may make it alot easier.

If the trees use 41mm tubes, and the nacelle / tins / light works from a fatboy, then doing the fatboy front end swap will be allot easier, as you will not need to cut and grind on the trees from a fatboy and the neck of the dyna. When i get back home i am going to go down to the stealership with a 12 inch micrometer to get an idea if it would be possible to do.

i may only take the fld trees and then the rest can be pieced together for a reasonable price. according to robs used harley parts, I should be able to use my SB front wheel and brake caliper. I will try to get an idea of if this is possible as well.

Quick Reply: Actual FLD Pics, see in thread