Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Actual FLD Pics, see in thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 03:36 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't get why people are throwing the "parts bin" label around like it is a bad thing and that no manufactuer should do such a thing. When you stop and look at ALL the Dyna models, for the most part every one of them is a parts bin bike, apart from the FB and WG all the frames are the same and they are fitted with different parts - so what, it makes good economic sense for HD and keep prices down, plus the parts commonality means parts are more readily available than they otherwise would be. All manufactuers do it no matter what the product. I took my bone stock super Glide and customized it using almost all HD parts from one model or another, reviews seem to agree with me that it came out great and I doubt there's another one like it.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:22 AM
mrnone
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default dead stock my five foot one lady can ride this and was a factor in buying.

she doesn't know it yet but she's riding it home she can't ride my e glide and i'm not going to get in a car or ride on the back of hers what are my options?
Originally Posted by thegrants82
I just don't see why with the pricing that picking a Road King isn't the best choice here. I would take a Road King in a second over this one. Not a bad looking bike but this will be known as a female touring bike.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:47 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I bet this will be a big selling model

Old 07-29-2011, 07:42 PM
funbikerchick
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thegrants82
I just don't see why with the pricing that picking a Road King isn't the best choice here. I would take a Road King in a second over this one. Not a bad looking bike but this will be known as a female touring bike.
AND... What's wrong with that? Plenty of females are riding these days. Just sayin' LOL

Old 07-29-2011, 09:15 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by drnk_n_publick
+1
I love the idea of a nostalgic duo-glide style dyna from the factory. But what in the blue blazes was harley thinking with the wheels and exhaust? IMO completely contradicts the whole idea of the bike.
No ****!!!! The pipe would be great on a street bob or any other traditional Dyna and the wheels should be laced!

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
Are the bags full-size?
Pretty darn close, they aren't bagger sized but they are decent.

Originally Posted by DSnoopy
Yep, these are meant for smaller people who want a "bagger". Hence the Road Queen title.
All these negative comments on this bike coming from a guy that paid big bucks for a bike in primer. I don't know where you get this from, the boards are in damn near the same place as mine and I'm plenty comfortable on long rides. For what it's worth I'm not a "small" person, I'm about average at 5'11" and 195.

Originally Posted by cromagnon
I bet this will be a big selling model
I believe you're right but only time will tell.

Last edited by ackman1968; 08-31-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:07 PM
simplesimon
Intermediate

i think that im detecting jealousy here, could it be some people are pi??ed that harley has put out a bike that looks better, offers more, than what others have spent on their current sled. as for the girls bike look at the weight , length, and compare it to all the other dynas, o 20 lbs less than a softtail. ifail to see the ladies only label its getting, yes i own one, imho this bike is awesome. who cares what you got ride it like you stole it.. semper fi

Old 09-01-2011, 04:25 PM
mrnone
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

im jealous still dont have it please tell me yours is red
thanx

Old 09-01-2011, 11:29 PM
baxter
Road Warrior

I wouldn't mind having those wheels. Nice for stock

Old 09-02-2011, 12:58 AM
DTDK
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the bike that prompted me to look at dynas at sturgis. But with the price being so high on it, i looked at what it would cost to convert a standard dyna to something similar but better, and here is what i came up with:

wide open custom batwing for dyna - $1000 with mounts and shipping
calvary dyna hard saddle bags - 450
ghost brackets for bags - 130
copy tourpak - 400 for a good knock off or used HD
sissy bar luggage rack for tour pack - 75

so for in the neighborhood of 2 grand or so i could add all the quick detatch stuff and have stereo, bigger bags, tourpak and so forth, if i wanted just to have a detachable windshield and detatchable hard bags it would only run around 900

but i will say i do still love that front end, and am wondering if i should try to get one of those for my dyna at some time or do the fat boy swap

Old 09-02-2011, 12:58 AM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 500 Likes on 351 Posts

Don't sugar coat it like that.
Tell us how you feel.

Originally Posted by shiftace
I thought the Rocker was the worst bike the MoCo put out..then the Crossbones came out and actually was worse. Now this? The bar has been lowered. Horrible.

Quick Reply: Actual FLD Pics, see in thread