Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Actual FLD Pics, see in thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 05:51 AM
LarryLives
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
Are the bags full-size?
I dont see the size listed in the parts book yet, they show the bags and hardware but no measurements...
Just by look, they seem to be the same depth and width, but length I think is shorter since we can see the shocks.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:59 AM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 782 Likes on 353 Posts

I thought the Rocker was the worst bike the MoCo put out..then the Crossbones came out and actually was worse. Now this? The bar has been lowered. Horrible.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:21 AM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Thumbs up

Not bad, I wonder how crazy the dealers are going to get with it price wise?
Could this be a sign of the touring line shrinking in the future? Or a consolidation of parts and manufacturing? Hope it turns out to be a success for the MoCo.
Carl

Old 07-21-2011, 08:56 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kydav
One of the pictures showed the seat with a back rest for the driver. I am wandering if that seat will fit on the older (say 2009) Dyna's. As you can see I, as well many others, have already done the bagger think and that seat would be nice to have it it would fit.
Rick

It will but not cheap.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:29 PM
joe297
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AWESOME looking bike! Love the quick-release locking hard bags, kick-*** 2n1 pipe, and new cigar tube shocks! I hope the wider shocks aren't just for show.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:52 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by shiftace
I thought the Rocker was the worst bike the MoCo put out..then the Crossbones came out and actually was worse. Now this? The bar has been lowered. Horrible.
Not your cup of tea...It's not a bad bike, but not what you look for - that's understood. Doesn't mean the bar has lowered, just that they reach out to other people who's taste isn't exactly yours. I for one do not like the look of the FLT, but I appreciate it for what it is and if set up right can look pretty dern good.

Your opinion is not gospel.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:41 AM
Sonny's World
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by terryrh
Not your cup of tea...It's not a bad bike, but not what you look for - that's understood. Doesn't mean the bar has lowered, just that they reach out to other people who's taste isn't exactly yours. I for one do not like the look of the FLT, but I appreciate it for what it is and if set up right can look pretty dern good.

Your opinion is not gospel.
It's not terrible looking...but as I alluded to earlier in this thread, the MOCO seems to be between a rock and a hard place.

They seem to want to respond to the public's desire for new and different bikes, but are limited by the fickelness of the same public.

This bike is not ugly. It does however, seem to just be slapped together from the parts warehouse. No revolutionary design here. Throw the front end of "this bike" onto the frame of "that bike." Let's put the shocks from "this other bike" on there too. The MOCO certainly isn't really taking any chances with this thing.

Anything too radically different (VROD) becomes the "red-headed step-child" and is villified for not being "traditional" enough to be a "real" Harley.

All in all, I give it 3 stars out of 5 for "not being bad."

Old 07-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Dooley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8,972 Likes on 1,475 Posts

Originally Posted by thegrants82
I just don't see why with the pricing that picking a Road King isn't the best choice here. I would take a Road King in a second over this one. Not a bad looking bike but this will be known as a female touring bike.
I would have to agree with the Road King comparison price wise, and I'm not sayin I'm crazy about the design....seems kinda like a zero effort parts bin bike to me.....

But what exactly is it that makes it "female" ?

Old 07-26-2011, 03:04 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dooley
I would have to agree with the Road King comparison price wise, and I'm not sayin I'm crazy about the design....seems kinda like a zero effort parts bin bike to me.....

But what exactly is it that makes it "female" ?
I checked one out at the dealer last weekend. It was parked next to a RK and it just looked like a scaled down version of it. It felt cramped sitting on it and i am only 5' 10". The saddle bags are also very small but they do fit the small bike pretty good I guess but you wont be taking too many long trips with them. I guess it just looks like the sportster of the touring family. My wife loved it and she is 5' 4" and it fit her really nice.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:25 PM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yep, these are meant for smaller people who want a "bagger". Hence the Road Queen title.

Quick Reply: Actual FLD Pics, see in thread