Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Actual FLD Pics, see in thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Sonny's World
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps the cynic in me is speaking, but that bike screams lack of creativity. It looks like they just slapped parts together that they had laying around.

It's like we are torn between the same old tried and true designs that we are familiar with an coming up with something new that is different and untraditional (Vrod.)

Ok...I guess it's a nice enough bike.

Last edited by Sonny's World; 07-20-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:21 PM
CB1
Tourer

Originally Posted by DSnoopy
FLD: $15,999.00

FLHR: $17.499.00

$1500 difference.

Looking on the website, I will admit that the presentation looks a little better now. but I still don't see a point with the price being that close to the Road King.

Instead of making a stylish bike more functional, you will spend $$$ making a functional bike stylish.

HD could have done better, IMO
Okay, I liked the look of it last night but already my opinion is changing. Two things i will take a hard look at for myself. I like the looks of the wheels and floorboards...on my bike.

Not sure but it seems that the price of $15,999 is only for vivd black and if you want one of the other colors it is $16,384. Throw in security and ABS and that's another $1,195.

Of course I like the idea of a 103" engine and the factory 2-1 is cool, but I'm not digging the looks of the bags or at least the space between the bags and the shocks. Should've filled in that gap some. And not liking the front end. Looks great on the fatboys and RKs, but i think it should have been something different for the Dyna. Maybe something like what I saw on the CVO Softail convertible. i think that would have looked good on there. Kind of sporty looking.

I'm not getting rid of my bike any time soon I don't think so it really doesn't matter in the long run i guess.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:35 PM
maryland blackout
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it looks a lot like a couple of the bikes on this forum that converted their dynas to touring bikes with FL fenders and some bags but still have their shocks exposed. Kind of a throwback styling. The Switchback even has what looks like an old edition tank badge if not completely mistaken.

So for $1500 less than the RK you get mini-ape bars, 2-1 exhaust, mag wheels and fully detachable hardware.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:41 PM
dsbfxdwg
Road Captain

I think I'd have to see one in person before I would decide whether I like it or not. When are they due in dealerships?

Old 07-20-2011, 04:10 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I think I like it...looks like it's got a little bit of style. Nice for those that love the dyna ride but like the softail look IMO. That's the vibe I get from it. As far as the pricing goes, I guess if it's what you want then that's what it is...I mean people buy softails everyday, and they cost the same if not more than a RK...it's all about what you want. We all know dynas are better for beating the chit out of around town than a RK, plus, what's the weight difference between the two?

Old 07-20-2011, 04:45 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I just don't see why with the pricing that picking a Road King isn't the best choice here. I would take a Road King in a second over this one. Not a bad looking bike but this will be known as a female touring bike.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:42 PM
U-234
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Needs more style to compete with the new Victory, Kawi, and Star. A better price would also help.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:36 AM
thealaskan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's an FL style Dyna. Not much else to be said. You'll either like it or you won't, but it won't be a "girls only" bike. Lots of guys on the fence not wanting a full on bloated bagger will buy it.

The bags are very similar to the old shovel bags and imo look a lot better on that bike than the newer style would. Sure they won't hold as much, big deal. What the hell all do you need to carry every day? Trippin, tie a duffle on.

I don't care for the wheels or exhaust, but Harley designs a lot of wheels and exhausts that are meant to be changed. Nothing new there.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:02 AM
drnk_n_publick
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thealaskan
It's an FL style Dyna. Not much else to be said. You'll either like it or you won't, but it won't be a "girls only" bike. Lots of guys on the fence not wanting a full on bloated bagger will buy it.

The bags are very similar to the old shovel bags and imo look a lot better on that bike than the newer style would. Sure they won't hold as much, big deal. What the hell all do you need to carry every day? Trippin, tie a duffle on.

I don't care for the wheels or exhaust, but Harley designs a lot of wheels and exhausts that are meant to be changed. Nothing new there.
+1
I love the idea of a nostalgic duo-glide style dyna from the factory. But what in the blue blazes was harley thinking with the wheels and exhaust? IMO completely contradicts the whole idea of the bike.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:33 AM
kydav
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the pictures showed the seat with a back rest for the driver. I am wandering if that seat will fit on the older (say 2009) Dyna's. As you can see I, as well many others, have already done the bagger think and that seat would be nice to have it it would fit.
Rick

Quick Reply: Actual FLD Pics, see in thread