Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dyna solo seat need

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 07:42 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts
Default dyna solo seat need

I have a 2011 Dyna Custom, and want to use a GOOD solo seat. I tried out a Sundowner solo seat over the weekend. It was better than stock, but not worth $200+ more to me. I've heard that the Mustang Vintage Touring Wide Solo seat is great and the one to get. I hear that the Vintage Solo(non-wide) seat is good, too. I would like to hear from both style owners to see if the extra width makes a big enough difference, to go for the wide style. I really want to do the seat once. Thanks in advance for any rider opinions. tomp dd50

Old 07-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Brewtality
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

best advice for finding the right seat:

sit on them. go to the dealership, a HOG meeting, bike-nite, something and tell people that have a seat you like that you are in the market. ask nice, and people are usually fine with it. it is so hard to pick a seat from a catalog or website.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:53 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Good advice from Odious. I had a mustang that I bought based on other peoples recommendations. It was excruciating for me. I hated it so much when I rode through Hollister , CA on a trip I threw it in the garbage and got a corbin at the factory there. Lots of good seats out there. the mustang may be the perfect seat for you but if you can id try to sit on one first. I am thinking about a C&C for this bike.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:54 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

BTW not to age myself but that was before Ebay caught on.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Galdog
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm running a C & C solo seat, love it!

Old 07-18-2011, 10:36 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

I had the Sundowner but switched to the mustang wide vintage w/backrest. They are very similar, the mustang put me forward a little. I needed the backrest though. Both are good seats, but the backrest for long rides is great.

A good seat is worth the $$$.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:41 PM
03FXD-LOW
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Corbin Hollywood Solo, great looks, sits you back a few extra inches...stiff, short ride seat though!

Old 07-19-2011, 09:49 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Thanks for all of the info. I contacted a company that claimed to sell the Mustang saddle. I left voice mail and sent an e-mail yesterday. So far no response to either requests.

I sent an e-mail to the C&C folks, too. Nothing back from them either. Strange, seems that in these poor economic times, vendors would be excited about taking my money, but the lack of response makes me wonder.

Any other seat info would still be appreciated. tomp

Old 07-19-2011, 10:31 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Dirtdreamer,

I have been on the quest for the perfect solo seat since 2007. I have 3 solo seats sitting up in a spare bedroom atm and one on my bike currently.

Good advice above, not everybody is built the same and one seat will not be the same for someone else.

Seats I have tried are the Mustang vintage solo, LePera Barebones, Stock seat of of a 2010 Street Bob, and just recently the Danny Gray Weekday solo, (just got it last week).

I think I may have found the perfect seat in the Danny Gray, I am in the honeymoon period of course. I like its lines and its comfort. I got a seat with gel in it for more comfort. It is a happy medium between the bigness of the mustang and the ultra slimness of the lepera bare bones. Of course looks are subjective and your mileage may vary. If you consider the Danny Gray there is a guy on ebay selling them with the gel in them at the price of a standard seat. Translates to a 100 bucks of the list price.

follow link below for pics and other info on the dyna danny gray seat.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...#ht_1051wt_935

Good luck,

Tom

Old 07-19-2011, 11:15 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Seat

You can also have your stock seat restuffed with denser foam. Still took a little getting used to but it is (was) as good as my Mustang Day Tripper. Cost me $60.00 to have it done at a local upholstery shop and it still looks like a stock seat.

Quick Reply: dyna solo seat need