Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie to the forum with a comparion question

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 01:26 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rtm58
Motorcycles are not an “emotional” issue for me. A motorcycle is just a motorcycle, no matter where it is comes from, so I don’t feel any loyalty to any particular marquee.
You 100% need to go with the yammy. No doubt about it.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:09 PM
2XNightTrain
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Fat Bob is a good bike. I had one myself not too long ago, but I decided to head back to a Street Bob. Personal preference and JMHO. For me, there are too many plastic parts on Jap cruisers. If I were buying a Jap bike it would be a crotch rocket, but not a cruiser. The Fat Bob is a solid *** bike. I'd have kept mine had I not thought that the previous owner rode it hard and put it away wet. The Fat Bob is one of the few bikes that I felt comfortable riding near a semi and not felt buffeted and tossed around by the airstream off the 18 wheeler. It's 703 pounds of bike and what does the Jap bike weigh?

I took it to the Dragon in June. It did quite well, but riding it in the turns their takes experience due to the weight.

The resale value is there on private sales when the economy is not in the ******* like now.

It's your decision, but I personally would not buy a Jap cruiser because they all imitate Milwaukee Iron.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:02 AM
rtm58
Advanced

I get where you are coming from, and I respect that. Harley's do evoke emotion and if one has no emotion... then what is the point. I haad tried to retract some of that statement in a later posting saying I was merely trying to remain unemotional about this decision, but in the end, that is impossible. I love bikes and I love riding, so therre in lies the emotion. I truly respect what some on this forum have said. The Harley is a different machine..."not just a motorcycle at all"... I truly appreciate your insight, but the more I think of it, I believe the Harley is the way to go. Later on in September, after my ride in the Rockies, I will be in a better position to make some final judgement. But you are right, my friend, if there is no emotion (which is what I THINK you were trying to tell me) then hell, go get a moped. And that would be true. I guess I just don't want my emotional side to get in the way of getting a decent deal on a bike, that is all.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:09 AM
LarryLives
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO, if you "dont care" what you ride, then the HD shouldnt be an option for you.
One that buys a HD is cause thats what they want and they love, and they care about what they ride. And the history, design, style....
If your "just" looking for a bike then go get whatever... dont matter.... anything thats a cheap POS will suite your needs.
jmfo!

Old 08-14-2011, 09:00 AM
rtm58
Advanced

You were right. I went with the Harley!!! Hard to explain, but it just spoke to me a little louder

Old 08-14-2011, 09:03 AM
rtm58
Advanced

Originally Posted by LarryLives
IMO, if you "dont care" what you ride, then the HD shouldnt be an option for you.
One that buys a HD is cause thats what they want and they love, and they care about what they ride. And the history, design, style....
If your "just" looking for a bike then go get whatever... dont matter.... anything thats a cheap POS will suite your needs.
jmfo!
All of you folks who p[ointed this out to me are right. I did a little more soul searching. Posted a new thread today. It really is an emotional issue. I was wrong. So I got the Harley. No regrets. Thank you for your "guidance". Ride safe, brother.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:04 AM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

One look, one ride, oh he got it, he got it bad....and he bought it and he rode it home. The harley dealer agreed to store the Jap bike he rode in on....lol

Old 08-14-2011, 10:57 PM
rtm58
Advanced

Oh yeah, I forgot to go get it today! oops. I tried to call them, but I guess it was too early, and yes, they are open on Sundays!!

Old 08-15-2011, 06:10 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So where are the pics?