Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed SE Heavy Breather and no noticeable difference?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 01:10 AM
patrikr
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Installed SE Heavy Breather and no noticeable difference?

Just installed SE Heavy Breather (had stock AC before) and I can't feel a noticeable difference in how the bike (2011 FXDWG) performs. I had already done a re-map with Power Vision and a map from Jamie@Fuelmoto as he said I could run the SE Heavy Breather map with stock AC together with my Rush 2.0 slipons and the ECU would automatically adjust when I put on the Heavy Breather. Also have the same decel pops as before, just like I had with the stock ECU and just the slipons.

I have read others here saying that they can feel a big difference after done a stage 1 or installed a Power Commander/Power Vision. Heck, my friend's Street Bob with the regular Rush 2.0+SE Stage 1 AC and dealer download runs better than my bike.

Any ideas? Contact Jamie and see if he programmed the wrong map?

Old 07-16-2011, 05:24 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by patrikr
Just installed SE Heavy Breather (had stock AC before) and I can't feel a noticeable difference in how the bike (2011 FXDWG) performs. I had already done a re-map with Power Vision and a map from Jamie@Fuelmoto as he said I could run the SE Heavy Breather map with stock AC together with my Rush 2.0 slipons and the ECU would automatically adjust when I put on the Heavy Breather. Also have the same decel pops as before, just like I had with the stock ECU and just the slipons.

I have read others here saying that they can feel a big difference after done a stage 1 or installed a Power Commander/Power Vision. Heck, my friend's Street Bob with the regular Rush 2.0+SE Stage 1 AC and dealer download runs better than my bike.

I couldn't feel a difference when I did a Stage 1 either. For me that included the PCIII, the Arlen Ness Big Sucker 1 and the Bub7 2-1. I might have gained a few HP as my top end increased by 10 MPH, but my seat of the pants feeling felt the same. For many doing the stage 1, they might be confusing increased sound with increased performance.

Your '11 with slip-ons is still being choked by the catalytic converter, a full exhaust swap will take that out of the equation.

Check your header to head mount flanges for leaks that might be causing your decel pop. These are notorious for being loose.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:58 AM
LarryLives
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by patrikr
Or contact Dynojet/PC they can also send you a map based exactly on what you have. IMO, I would dl the new map and hook up ur usb and flash it. You might have not noticed cause the map was there and the difference was made when you installed the pc, and now that you put the SE HB on its just letting the tc breath better...

Old 07-16-2011, 06:05 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Any AC update will give you a bump in power. I would give FM a call and ash them to look at your map. Did you do pipes too? Most guys do pipes and air cleaner at the same time, so they notice a bigger difference.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:17 AM
TNReb
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's disappointing. I already have slip-ons, and hope to have time to I stall my Heavy Breather and Mastertune this weekend. I know pipes will help, but that will have to be some time down the road. I'll post my results back here for comparison.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Maclugie
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's the cat. I was lucky, mine were in the mufflers so when I attached the slip ons they were eliminated. I had mine on the dyno. It still pops some, especially in hot weather, but not too bad.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:25 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

People always misunderstand the concept of a engine, engine is an air pump, more air intake, faster exhaust will make the air pump to go faster. Think about it, you add a big air intake without doing any manifold, head work etc, there is an restriction right there, how do you get additional air to the air pump? That's why people spend big $$ on engine mod. I've done Big sucker 1, PCV and short shots, do I feel the difference? Yes, half throttle and up, there is a difference, other than sound, no difference. Don't get fooled tho, who can tell 8-10 hp increase? That's why I don't bother doing just cams, stage 1 is the minimum on any Harley, if I ever spend money again, I'd do a big bore kit, cams, ported head the whole package, you will see big difference.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Maclugie
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

128 I agree partly. 8-10 HP won't be felt but 8-10 TQ will.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:17 AM
FXSTaCy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Maclugie
128 I agree partly. 8-10 HP won't be felt but 8-10 TQ will.
+1, might notice better mpg with a/c and slip-ons though.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:49 AM
011FXDWG
Novice
Default Contact Dynojet Research

I have contacted Dynojet Research, the company who makes the power commander , and their customer service is incredible. I have a 2011 wide glide and a buddy of mine gave me a pc iii for a 04-05 dyna. They (dynojet) told me if it plugs in then it will work. It did plug in. I oredered the o2 sensor eliminators from them and used a map for a 2008 Dyna (M814-005). I put on SE air cleaner, V&H straight shots with the power commander iii and the bike runs amazing. No decel pops at all. Sounds and rides incredible. I have been short on cash since buying the new bike so that is why I used the pc iii. Dynojet told me all the pc are pretty much the same. The once differences are the software options.

Quick Reply: Installed SE Heavy Breather and no noticeable difference?