Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Licks NOVDOT helmet and Visomatic 6000

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 12:44 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wade91
I ordered items, paid for items on 7/7.......nothing showed up. Finally emailed on the 19th (NOBODY ANSWERED THE DARN PHN)

Rcvd. email saying items will be shipped on the 25th! WTF? The whole shop was out riding? Was gonna order more items, but not now!
Ummm, I ordered and paid for mine on 5/8. I posted a ways up on what is going on. We'll probably both receive ours a day or two apart.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:27 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, here ya have it. Ordered mine in the early part in march, only to be told it wad on bzck order. Well its july and after much anticipation, they've arrived.

Goodness thiks is truly a disappointment. The helmet runs small, its super thin, how is it this was rated DOT and the ACC carbon fiber helmet lost its rating is beyond me. I got this helmet to try using a 3/4 helmet. I'm partial to half helmets, so trying this on just felt akward and uncomfortable.
I just found out that theyre closed till the 25 for who knows what reason. So I'm not gonna bother returning them and see how long this will take . I'm posting these for sale pics included in the for sale section if anyone is interested that's where they will be.

Here is the link for the sale within the classified section.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gear-...ml#post8614071

Last edited by CRZYLGZZ; 07-25-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:34 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Default I Got My Lick's In!!

Finally!! My Lick's NovDot helmet arrived today along with the Visormatic 6000 shield and goggle type sunglasses. I love all three of them!

I don't understand the complaints. The helmet is exactly what I thought it would be. The name NovDot should give you a clue that this isn't going to be a heavy and fat helmet, but has more a novelty helmet look while meeting DOT testing standards.

I normally wear an XL or L fullface or MX helmet, an L or M half helmet, the sizing bounces all over the place. In ordering the Lick's, I just used their sizing chart and ordered the L.

When I first put it on it seemed too tight and I knew it would leave a mark across my forehead, if not a headache by the end of the day. I knew it would get better after break-in, so I just broke it in with my thumbs. Since the forehead area seemed to tight, I just pressed on the hard and sharp corners of the EPS foam liner, working the sharp edge and the entire contact area of the forehead. It felt way better, so I did the same thing for the back of the helmet to give me even more front to rear head space. Total time about two minutes!

I found the lining to be well secured and attractive with the embossed Lick's logo on the top and vented mesh sewn to a smooth velvety material on the contact areas. The rear neck skirt and the all around firm fit should seal out any wind. I have 10 to 12 helmets and this one fits the best, like my own head was used as a mold. It just took a few minutes to make it fit right.

I then installed the Visormatic face shield. No mods needed, I just pressed it in. Putting the helmet on it seemed to want to touch my nose, so I pressed it in some more.

Then I wondered if it would go over the impact resistant wrap around sunglassed that I also bought from them for $10. These are the best fitting sunglasses that I now own! Yup, I have well over a dozen pair of them, too. Since I had the face shield already on, I would need to put the sunglasses on before the helmet. No problem! Well I had to slip the helmet on in a certain way to keep from dislodging them, but I did it first attempt.

I know many people here like to modify their bikes, or for the most part, have someone else do it for them. If changing your own oil or installing new bars is beyond your level of comfort, I think you can still get a helmet to fit before immediately boxing it up and sending it back. If it's too big then you probably made a measuring error, so exchange it for a size smaller. They do seem a bit round for my Nordic head, but that was a quick fix.

As to the "cheap" complaints. The shell is smooth without any seam lines, the coating on it seems sort of rubberized and not prone to chipping off, the edge trim looks flawless, and the insides are as well constructed as any I've seen. They are lightwieght and tighter to the head, but that's exactly what I wanted when I ordered them.

Sorry for the long post, but I ordered the Lick's after reading all of the glowing reports about them. Then this thread popped up and people, me included. started ragging on Lick's, most of us because we'd been waiting too long for them to arrive. Then others started complaining about the helmets themselves. Well....I love mine................ Just take a few minutes to make it fit!

Old 07-28-2011, 05:42 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior

Great to hear, someone was impressed with the lids. What Interested me about these was the pricand the weight., I've never worn a fullface, of even a 3/4 helmet so putting this one on, made me uncomfortable. Maybe I was to quik on my assessment. But no matter what, its all about your comfort level, when I put the helmet on, I wasn't comfortable. So my judgement was based in part to comfort.
Ride safe, ride proud,
Dueces.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:52 AM
jshull
Road Master

I have a one in grey, I love love love this helmet. it fits great, and guess what 2000 miles later in missouri heat it still fits great. when it gets dirty I just wipe it down with windex. before this I wore a non dot helmet, but I found myself wearing ear protection because the wind noise bothered me. I then found the licks helmet and just got lucky because they had one in stock. i called my order in and he told me to order a large, thats what I did and I havent looked back!!!

Old 07-28-2011, 10:53 PM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jshull
I have a one in grey, I love love love this helmet. it fits great, and guess what 2000 miles later in missouri heat it still fits great. when it gets dirty I just wipe it down with windex. before this I wore a non dot helmet, but I found myself wearing ear protection because the wind noise bothered me. I then found the licks helmet and just got lucky because they had one in stock. i called my order in and he told me to order a large, thats what I did and I havent looked back!!!
Mine's the gray large, too. Got it yesterday, installed the tinted Visormatic and took it a spin today. Wow! Best helmet ever! No need for ear protection, this thing sealed it out. I wore the Lick's sunglasses underneath as the sun was bright, great trio! No lifting, no buffeting, light weight and that perfect fit. I didn't do any really high speed stuff, about 10 miles at 70 with a short burst to 90 and still no problem. On the slow roads back it was still ideal. I just needed to test it before depending on it for long road trip. It will definitely be the one I grab before any of my half, 3/4, full or transformer helmets.

Licks also threw in a mesh do-rag.

Last edited by HemiOrange; 07-28-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:29 PM
M4arc
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Licks NOVDOT arrived some time this week while I was out of town but I rode for 3 hours this morning and I freaking love this helmet! It's comfortable, fits me well and light weight. I don't like half helmets and didn't want to go with a full faced helmet so I started looking hard at the Licks based on its weight and size when compared to the Bell 500 or Fulmars. I tried the Bells and Fulmars on and while they were comfortable they were also heavy and bulky.

I ended up emailing AJ because my measurements were at the low end of the medium size and he suggested I stick with the medium because my head isn't perfectly round and measured out to about 21 1/4.

I couldn't be happier and I'm glad I had the patience to wait on this helmet.

Bummer to hear that some aren't happy with them but it's a good thing there are lots of companies, styles and sizes to choose from!