Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Licks NOVDOT helmet and Visomatic 6000

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 03:36 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Received my email notification of my helmets being enroute. I'm extememly anxious and seeing how I'm gonna be riding this weekend. Im certianly gonna be scratching down a well written well explained critique.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:45 AM
Sevendcmc
Advanced

I got mine last week seems pretty good to me.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:21 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I tried the NovDot and it wasn't for me. Licks return policy was excellent and fully credited my account.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:12 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

thanks for the tip I will look elsewhere for a good 3/4 helmet. Probably a biltwell hustler. BTW the transitional visor for the bell star/vortex is awesome. Dark to light in 3 seconds and back again. Good visor. If anyone has a full face bell these shields are worth it.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:40 PM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was shocked after reading all the reviews that the helmet isn't complete trash. After that ACC/Headtrip trash I got after the reviews on here, I decided to try again with the licks. I like the helmet, its comfortable, light weight but I wish they put a little more in the way of quality. The rear pad falls completely out every other day, when I pull my helmet off. It was/is not secured at all, just a plastic bib that slides behind the side pads. I have worn the helmet everyday since I got it in the mail. I dont get lift until after 85+ which is really good for me. Noise isn't bad to me but I put noise cancelling headphones in my ears, I don't click it on always but the bud are basically my earplugs, so no problems there.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:18 PM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I emailed licks earlier this week and got a quick reply.

They got their Novdot order in, in early July, and have been trying to fill the 1000 helmet order backlog from as early as April. They said they planned to have them all shipped by next week.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:34 AM
Harley Tim
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello All,

I currently wear a Scopion EXO100 for Summer Riding. It's not bad for the money but there's no transition visor. Pros: Drop down visor Quickly changable 2 shades of grey or clear, Removable liners (I keep an extra so when it gets sweaty, I change 'em out and , throw the dirty one in the laundry), Limited size interchangability ( 2 different shell sizes, L-Xl-XXL are same shell as are S-M another sized shell. Meaning liners are likewise interchangeable), Zip-on curtain with accomidations for "Commo" gear and/or, cooler weather. Cons: It won't fit in my saddlebag the way my Daytona carbon fiber half will and, that stupid corny looking chrome "S" in the middle of the forhead area of it. "Gonna take that Da*** thing off!

Over-all I'd give it a B+. Having a drop-down visor that stows up inside the helmet (that works like an aviators helmet has been a long time coming. It works well, Too!)

As for winter, I use a Bell Star. Enough said. I've always liked the high-end Bells.

Best wishes..... Tim

Oh Yeh I almost forgot..Just remember.... Chrome won't get ya home..

Old 07-23-2011, 07:54 AM
Wade91
Tourer

I ordered items, paid for items on 7/7.......nothing showed up. Finally emailed on the 19th (NOBODY ANSWERED THE DARN PHN)

Rcvd. email saying items will be shipped on the 25th! WTF? The whole shop was out riding? Was gonna order more items, but not now!

Old 07-23-2011, 07:56 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I started to order this helmet but glad now that I went for the Bell Custom 500.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:57 AM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wade91
I ordered items, paid for items on 7/7.......nothing showed up. Finally emailed on the 19th (NOBODY ANSWERED THE DARN PHN)

Rcvd. email saying items will be shipped on the 25th! WTF? The whole shop was out riding? Was gonna order more items, but not now!
Don't worry because the helmet is crap. Just keep the box when it shows up so that you can mail it back to them.

Quick Reply: Licks NOVDOT helmet and Visomatic 6000